Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Release Notes - 18/05/2022

Posted 05-19-2022 02:02
    Hi there,
    the below was released yesterday, is the more details/description on how/where to configure this?

Use random functions in Architect decision actions

Administrators and contact center managers can now use random functions as building blocks in Decision actions. The Random function generates a random decimal value and the RandomInt function generates a random integer value. These functions make it easier to steer calls to different paths based on the returned value. For more information, see Architect expression help and the Expression Help within Architect. This feature requires one of the following subscriptions: Genesys Cloud User 1, Genesys Cloud User 2, or Genesys Cloud User 3.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Reginald

• 2.  RE: Release Notes - 18/05/2022
    Best Answer

Posted 05-19-2022 02:25
    Edited by Reginald Sheraton 05-19-2022 09:25
    Hi Reginald

I actually jumped onto this pretty quickly when it was released as I'm in the middle of building something that needs it.  When you go to the expression editor you can find the two new random functions - Random and RandomInt.  Random will give you a random decimal figure, RandomInt a random "full" integer.  The parameters are also listed there but it's pretty straight forward:

eg

randomInt(100)
    OUTPUT
    86 ( this generates a random number that is greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 100 )

That bit about "greater than or equal to 0" is important to note

You can also use it to generate random negative integers too if you wanted that for any reason.

Vaun McCarthy

• 3.  RE: Release Notes - 18/05/2022

Posted 05-19-2022 02:47
    Thanks, i think i checked too soon as when i checked it was not there, can see it now

Reginald

• 4.  RE: Release Notes - 18/05/2022

Posted 05-19-2022 02:53
    Yeah you're a victim of the old release notes time zone wait like us :)

Vaun McCarthy

• 5.  RE: Release Notes - 18/05/2022

Posted 05-19-2022 03:00
    Yip
    Thanks

Reginald

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources