PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-07-2023 15:07
    Edited by Jon Mercer 06-07-2023 15:09

We have one person who got a physical landline, that when we call them from Genesy on prem, it fails.  If we call their cell it works.  The landline also works if we call them from teams, cell, or any other method, just not from inside Interaction Desktop.

The logs come back as:

Dialing

Disconnected [Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number (ISDN Cause Code 01)/404:SIP - Not Found]

We have hundreds of other people that we do this same process with, and it works fine.  

I am not really sure how to troubleshoot this to see if it is her carrier blocking something that Genesys is sending that it needs, or if there is something with the configuration of the phone number in Genesys.

We are using remote number, so the calls are going out through Teams, which works fine for everyone except when multiple people try to call this one persons number.
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-09-2023 09:49

The first thing that I would do is simulate the call in Interaction Administrator to ensure there isn't an unexpected behavior from one of your dial plan entries manipulating the number.

The next thing would be to look at the SIPengine log on the server to validate the source of the 404 message.

Failing that turning up anything useful, your carrier should be able to provide assistance by looking at the traces of failed test calls.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-09-2023 10:38

I second Aaron's suggestion of "Simulate Call". You can often find a multitude of sins get revealed with it. In fact, I always start there when troubleshooting anything outbound....!

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 4.  RE: Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-09-2023 12:50

I found this in the SIPEngine logs.  I have a general idea what it is saying, but not really sure what would cause it.  I am having the user check with their landline carrier to see if they show anything with the outbound numbers. If I call the number from Teams or a cell phone or such, it works fine.

The simulate call I didn't see any errors come up.

SIPHandlerIO::submit_recvd_message : INV_<<404(P#2305ad) - udp recv     .:5060 <- ..*:5060  (response) msg=
    SIP/2.0 404 Not Found
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP ..*.10;branch=z9hG4bKmpdjgykpztx4dmEfwx3z
    Max-Forwards: 68
    To: "User" <sip:+142***@10...*>;tag=HUZZNp3gtQBSe
    Call-ID: 5e4138149aa7bbfc1ec8efb985f4bb52@10...*
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    Supported: path
    Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, MESSAGE, INFO, UPDATE, REFER, NOTIFY
    Server: M800C/v.7.20A.204.848
    Reason: Q.850 ;cause=1 ;text="UNALLOCATED_NUMBER"
    Accept: application/sdp
    Allow-Events: talk, hold, conference, refer
    Content-Length: 0

Jon Mercer

• 5.  RE: Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-09-2023 11:12

Thanks, Genesys was dropped in my lap, so wasn't sure how to actually do test calls.  Would the SIPEngine log show what number is being used to call the person, so that they can check with their carrier to see if there is a reason for it to be blocked?

Jon Mercer

• 6.  RE: Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-09-2023 11:18

Yes and no, you can see the full value being passed to your gateways.  If you have some manipulation programmed in your gateways, that could also alter what is being seen by the carrier. 

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 7.  RE: Remote Disconnect:Unassigned Number Error when calling from Genesys

Posted 06-27-2023 16:21

Does this look normal for the test call?

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources