PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Replacing Voice recordings for Attendant

Posted 08-19-2022 10:19
    Hello Team,

We have discovered that our custom voice talent is no longer available, but we need to record new Wav files to change some of the responses. I have all the scripts defined in an excel and I am going to search for something that can (hopefully) read the excel and produce all the needed files.  Before I begin my search, I wanted to check with the always helpful community to determine if there is a better approach and/or any software you can recommend. We do not want to have multiple voices as we already have the iTTS voice that reads a database, and the custom voice scripts. Oh, and all are scripts are English and Spanish...

any feedback is appreciated,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Replacing Voice recordings for Attendant

Posted 08-19-2022 10:25
    I use the google cloud text to speech API pretty regularly for this.  They have lots of documentation for using their libraries in many languages, so with some scripting knowledge you could build something to read values from your spreadsheet into files named based on values in your files as well.

The free tier allowance is also very generous with the amount you can do before the billed rate kicks in.

They also have a very robust set of languages and voices you can preview:  https://cloud.google.com/text-to-speech/docs/voices

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Replacing Voice recordings for Attendant

Posted 09-01-2022 17:52
    Edited by Christopher Becker 09-01-2022 19:59
    Hello Aaron - we are useing AWS poly (because we are already set up there) and are finding the Wavs we make do not seem to work in the Attendant. Is there something special we need for this process? I assumed a .wav should be fine, as we are replacing existing wavs.

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 4.  RE: Replacing Voice recordings for Attendant

Posted 09-02-2022 02:16
    Hi Christopher,

Check out the details of the audio wave file you have loaded in Attendant. You can check it out here. Compare the audio details that you have from your existing wave files. You can use Goldwave to change the audio details and save them similar to your existing ones that work. You can refer here this is for pureconnect cloud but will apply to on-premise configuration.

Gideon Val Villorente
    iSelect Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources