Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Request for some love for Idea "Architect - allow variable override and monitoring"

Posted 01-15-2024 13:52

Hi,

I apologize in advance, but you will likely see a few messages like this from me in the next day or two. I want to keep each message thread separate!

Many of you may not realize that Genesys has an Ideas website (Aha!) which, whilst not perfect (see various posts from me and others on THAT subject!) is the main method we have for requesting features / enhancements. If you don't frequent the site, you may miss some of the cool ideas that get proposed.

In this post, I'd like to draw your attention to this idea.

Anyone who has had to debug or troubleshoot complex flows will know that Genesys Cloud's features are somewhat lacking. Two things would help here, both of which are available on other platforms. Firstly, the ability to see a log of what happened during the flow, along with the values of all variables after each operation. Secondly, it's not uncommon for parts of the flow to be triggered based on DNIS / ANI / Date / Time. Being able to run the flow in some kind of test mode with "faked" numbers etc. to observe the functionality.

Thank you!

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 2.  RE: Request for some love for Idea "Architect - allow variable override and monitoring"

GENESYS
    Posted 07-15-2024 10:22

This is a great idea!

Cameron Tomlin
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Request for some love for Idea "Architect - allow variable override and monitoring"

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 07-16-2024 03:27

Voted. Its really painful to place a ton of "Set participant data" and endless test calls to do the debugging.

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 4.  RE: Request for some love for Idea "Architect - allow variable override and monitoring"

Posted 07-16-2024 03:56

Being able to run a simulated call with set parameters would be very helpful, especially if you could interact with the call in real time (e.g. in case of user input required).

There is a feature in beta at the moment that will solve the logging / debugging / variable state issue.

James Dunn
    Pitney Bowes Inc.

• 5.  RE: Request for some love for Idea "Architect - allow variable override and monitoring"

Posted 07-16-2024 09:08

Even IRD had this functionality. The new Flow Execution Tool is useful and has the ability to show you what happened (including variable values, etc...) but still has quite a few bugs to work out before it would be considered a complete solution for this. The ability to add your own values for variables / participant data would be a great addition to the tool

Michael Rigney
    J. B. Hunt Transport, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Request for some love for Idea "Architect - allow variable override and monitoring"
    Best Answer

Posted 07-16-2024 09:27

Thanks for the support everyone! (We are currently at 35 votes.)

The ability to run a Handler in debug mode (which is kinda the PureConnect equivalent) is most certainly missed and it looks like Genesys have addressed this with the Flow Execution History. I am not sure what the Engage version was, but I would be amazed if it didn't have one!

Being able to override variable values at initiation is something I have seen on other platforms and is incredibly useful! (Especially when there is complex business logic surrounding ANI / DNIS / Dates & Times.) AFAIK that part of this request is not included in current plans, so please keep supporting this idea (i.e. voting it up!)

Thanks 😁

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources