Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-06-2022 04:17
    Edited by Nathan McKay 07-06-2022 13:59
    I hate to ask, but could someone give pointers on how to setup multi-site 911 Services? 

We have 2 sites, and both sites are created with employees tied to their respective location, but I am not quite sure how to setup the 911 services so that employees from their respective sites reach the correct location's 911 Services. 

For a bit more context, we are inheriting a setup a 3rd party assisted with creating, but during testing we found 911 Services were not working correctly. I am looking for pointers on what to look at. Currently when 911 is called it goes to Site Bs 911 dispatch and regardless of site/location will not reach out to site A. Best I can tell, under each site 911 is created as a section in the dial plan, but I am unsure where else to look due to lack of experience.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

• 2.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

GENESYS
    Posted 07-07-2022 09:25
    First question, is this Genesys Cloud Voice or are you BYOC?

------------------------------
    Tanner Albus
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-07-2022 09:59
    Edited by Nathan McKay 07-07-2022 11:24
    Thank you so much for replying! 

Simple Answer: Genesys Cloud

Slightly more complex answer: We will have a Sip trunk at some point, but it will only be to ship more inbound calls to Genesys Cloud from a partner we have that sends calls to us. Ala, all outbound calls will occur via Genesys cloud.

Nathan McKay
    Insite Support Services, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-07-2022 09:59
    Hi Nathan,

I am not aware of 911 services, so far, what I understand you have incoming call for 911 that you should geographically route to two sites: calls from NY should go to site A, calls from NJ go to site B. Is it correct?

If it correct, you should share how are you receiving your calls, as Tanner ask you: are you using Genesys Cloud Voice or BYOC or you have Edges on premises?

Second, if are incoming calls, you could check with a sip trace if the incoming call comes in with a SIP header that could helps you adjust your routing logic. Of if it comes in from different trunks, perhaps is just adjust trunk-site number plan to follow the correct route.

Regards,
    SG

Saugort Garcia
    Interacciones Inteligentes S.A.

• 5.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-07-2022 10:10
    Edited by Nathan McKay 07-07-2022 10:37
    Sorry, I think I might have mis-conveyed something. These are all outbound calls.

This is for outbound 911 calls, IE, calls made from our workers to contact 911 in the event of an emergency. 

Best article I can provide to express Intent, is probably this article: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-911-emergency-numbers/ (External Trunk is Defined as "PureCloud Voice - AWS"--Which I presume is a default?)

Test Scenario is as follows.
    I call both 911 locations in different states advising them I am about to do test calls, and get permission from the 911 Dispatchers to do so.
    ************************************************************************************
    SITE/LOCATION A TESTS
    ************************************************************************************
    I set my location to Site/Location "A".
    I log off and log on.
    I Call 911. I ask which 911 Department I got, they advise me they are the 911 department that covers the county/State that Site "B" is located at. 
    I ask what Emergency info they show,  they state that the E911 address matches with Site Site/location "B".
    This test for Site "A" gets logged as a failure as the 911 outbound call went to the wrong state and they have the wrong E911 Info.
    SITE/LOCATION B TESTS
    I change my location to Site "B"
    I log off and Log on.
    I Call 911. I ask which 911 Department I got, they advise me they are the 911 department that covers the county/State that Site "B" is located at. 
    I ask what Emergency info they show,  they state that the E911 address matches with Site Site/location "B".
    This test for Site "B" gets logged as a Success as the 911 outbound call went to the correct county/state's 911 department, and they have the correct E911 Info.

Nathan McKay

• 6.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

GENESYS
    Posted 07-08-2022 08:37
    When you say i change "my location" you're talking about your phone's Site/Location, correct. . not your Person's location..

Tanner Albus
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-08-2022 11:24
    Edited by Nathan McKay 07-08-2022 11:25
    Im 99% sure on changing the phone, but I might be wrong on my last round of testing--Most of them happen during the days, but the last round of testing happened at 3 AM and was naturally groggy. Also, based on the above realized it might not hurt to recreate the Virtual/RTC phones being used for testing.

Nathan McKay

• 8.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2022 16:54
    Hi Nathan, 

If your setup is Genesys cloud voice, then it should be taken care of by Genesys.

Once you created your locations, you would wanna send an email to Genesys support so that they can configure these locations in their database per below article but thats for Karis Law(notification of 911 call). I believe they work with Intrado cloud 911 service for address mapping with PSAPs

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-genesys-cloud-voice-e911-to-support-karis-law/#:~:text=911%20notifications,%2C%20email%2C%20or%20text%20message.

Also, when you put the address info under locations, you want to make sure its verified. Genesys works with Smarty service and sometimes there is bug and certain addresses are not verified so it requires a support case with Genesys to add the new correct address.

Also, if its a genesys cloud voice setup, the genesys trunk should have been provided. You need to check your sites > outbound routes and see what trunks are being used for both sites.

Check your test user as well. Make sure your phone is mapped to the correct testing site as well as your user account is added under respective location(location > change membership).

Either way, support case might help you faster.

thanks

Azamat Rustamov
    Cerium Networks

• 9.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-13-2022 09:33
    We finally got it. Lot of good pointers here, found a few problems with the configuration and corrected them. Thanks for the pointers! Truly appreciate them.

Nathan McKay

• 10.  RE: Requesting Pointers for Multi-Site 911

Posted 07-08-2022 13:00
    We actually deployed a multi-point E911 system. DM me and I can connect you with the team that did it.

Maksim Gill
    Eccentex, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources