PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Restore Media Server

Posted 16 days ago

My Infrastructure team is migrating our VM farm and apparently my media server has become corrupt and unusable.  I assume i should be able to reinstall the media server and perform the trust steps and we should be fine, or do you think this will be more complicated? 

I am waiting on a server to be built, but any info is much appreciate.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

• 2.  RE: Restore Media Server

Posted 16 days ago

Chris,

Outside of Remote Content Servers, Media servers are the easiest applications to install and configure in the PureConnect ecosystem.

You'll have to define a few things in the local setup, like where logs/recordings should be stored and credentials for the administrative portal, but outside of that, it's extremely simple to set up.  Any "custom settings" you may be using can generally be copied from one of your other functional media servers admin page.

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on using virtualized media servers.  We've always used physical servers due to the vendor stated throughput limitations of using virtualized media servers.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah - comments on this forum reflect my own personal opinions\observations and are separate from any entity I am otherwise involved in.

• 3.  RE: Restore Media Server

Posted 16 days ago

Thanks for the prompt confirmation.  This is our QA environment - our Prod Servers are all physical. I could not give any knowledgeable feedback on what would happen with a production call volume. 

Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources