Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Restrict agent modify or update contact data when record pop-up to agent

Posted 06-03-2023 00:21

In the Outbound agent script when a record pop-up to the agent, the agent could update the table columns. Is there any option to restrict them from updating the column or modifying it? basically, stop the agent to cross this out the information. Any advice, highly appreciate

#PlatformAdministration

------------------------------
    Hasitha Perera
    Ark Insights Co Ltd

• 2.  RE: Restrict agent modify or update contact data when record pop-up to agent
    Best Answer

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 06-04-2023 07:06

If this is in the agent script, I would change the field type to a text field and not an input field. This would still display the data but make it so the agent is not able to change it at all/get rid of it etc. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Restrict agent modify or update contact data when record pop-up to agent

Posted 06-06-2023 01:35

Thanks Lawrence , This works for me.

Hasitha Perera
    Ark Insights Co Ltd

• 4.  RE: Restrict agent modify or update contact data when record pop-up to agent

Posted 08-28-2023 10:38

Hi,

Just wondering where did you change the value from input field to text field? I am using default outbound script, auto populating the 'Contact List Form' and I do not see an option here to set the data type. Please advise.

Thanks,

LA

Lalitha Ammiraju
    Connex Telecommunications Inc

• 5.  RE: Restrict agent modify or update contact data when record pop-up to agent

Posted 08-28-2023 12:45

If you are using the default script, or the built-in Contact List Form form, the answer is no.

What you need to do is to build your Script page up manually, referencing the different columns as variables. If you do this, then for any fields where you merely want to show data, you can either use a Text box, or a disabled input box. For those you do want modified, you use a regular input.

FWIW, I think the Default Script / built in control is fine for initial testing and setup, but I wouldn't use it in anger.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 6.  RE: Restrict agent modify or update contact data when record pop-up to agent

Posted 08-28-2023 13:51

Thought so!.. Thanks for confirming the same.

Thanks,

Lalitha

Lalitha Ammiraju
    Connex Telecommunications Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources