Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Revert Flow to a previous version!

Posted 05-31-2023 06:19

Hello

Not sure what I am missing here with reverting a Flow to a previous version, why is it not a simple case of selecting previous version and publishing?
    I understand I would possibly have to removing flow in routing initially, so not active.

I found help page which eludes to having to export the previous version, open latest and import FROM previous, and re-publish. Seems overly complex for a simple ask when system already holds previous versions. Am I missing something, this is not "reverting" to previous version, this is creating a "new version" from the previous versions export.

dev forum post which mentions using an API to do this (not which API)

Most things in Genesys make complete sense, then things pop up like this which don't seem right. Just after some clarity!

Thanks
    Simon

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Simon Brown
    Maintel Europe Limited

• 2.  RE: Revert Flow to a previous version!

Posted 06-01-2023 20:09

I agree with you.  The idea that the version just opens the previous and can't overwrite the present is kind of useless - may as well have versions saved and just point to them.  I think this idea is closest:  Architect must provide an option to | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal (aha.io).  @Justin Campbell , is this up your alley?  What I would really like to see is when you click on version and open, it saves the current version and opens that reverted version as the draft version of the present.  

Comment on it.  

As for the API's, those are all under Architect, but you have to go through just as many steps.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Revert Flow to a previous version!

GENESYS
    Posted 06-05-2023 15:32

Adding @Amelie Wisniak here for comment on that Architect Flow idea

Justin Campbell
    Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Revert Flow to a previous version!

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2023 13:26
    Edited by Amelie Wisniak 06-07-2023 13:26

Hi Simon, hi Robert,

Thank you for your feedback! This idea has been submitted and is currently under community review. We appreciate your input and recommend following Architect must provide an option to | Genesys Cloud Ideas Portal to get updated on any developments. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Amelie Wisniak
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources