Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Route contacts to preferred agents but work with fallback if they're not available

Posted 11-29-2022 13:33

Hey folks, I'm not sure if this is the best place to put my question though I'd really appreciate if someone can help me out on this.

What I want to do is basically to work with the preferred agent assignment with this scenario: if a contact comes in assigned to agent X but for some reason that agent is not available or refuses to claim it, I want to simply assign it to anyone else, regardless the previous preferred assignment. Is that possible?

I was able to set preferred agents to incoming contacts though if they're not available those contacts got "lost in limbo", they're not redirected to non-preferred agents even when I recycle the campaign. Can somebody help me out on this?

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Matheus Rosa
    HomeLight, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Route contacts to preferred agents but work with fallback if they're not available

Posted 11-29-2022 14:05
    A couple of things. 
    • Are you assigning a skill to the interaction and the other agents have that skill as well?
    • Do you have another routing type after preferred agent:  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Route contacts to preferred agents but work with fallback if they're not available

Posted 11-29-2022 14:54
    Are you assigning a skill to the interaction and the other agents have that skill as well?

How do I set a skill to the interaction?

Do you have another routing type after preferred agent:

Yes, I do. I've tried many different combinations such as 

And also:

But none of them worked.

Matheus Rosa
    HomeLight, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Route contacts to preferred agents but work with fallback if they're not available

Posted 11-29-2022 15:11
    Skills are assigned when you transfer to the ACD.  

It seems you are setup correctly.  The Disregard Skills should ignore all skills, so it should role over to next available agent.  

When the interaction is waiting, you should look at the Queue Activity view:

You will see the type of routing it is using and the skills assigned.  That should help to see why it is waiting.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Route contacts to preferred agents but work with fallback if they're not available

Posted 12-01-2022 12:07
    Right, but skills are not important for us, at least not in this scenario.

Feels to us that some small detail is still be missing. Just to recap: we want to roll over a contact to the next agent on the queue if the preferred agent is not available or refuses to take it. We had success on the happy flow, which is when the preferred agent is available and claims the contact but not when they're not.

Let me provide more information to you that hopefully can help:

This is our campaign configuration (it's for preview calls, always running and we recycle it constantly): 

PS: the caller ID is not really empty.

This is our contact list configuration:

We tried many different approaches, such as removing the preferred agent column value (setting the preferred_client_advisor_email as blank, in our case) and recycling the campaign one more time but even so it didn't redirect to any agent. What we notice instead was this ININ-OUTBOUND-STUCK-INTERACTION code when we downloaded the contact list CSV file:

Also, I took a look at this Queue Activity you mentioned but didn't find anything helpful there. What are we missing?

Matheus Rosa
    HomeLight, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources