Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Route emails back to agent

Posted 03-26-2024 09:22

Our agents add a unique "interaction id" to all emails that they respond to. Is there a way to conditionally transfer these emails back to the original agent once they are replied to?

Our agents use an app "email wizard" to claim emails, so they never go on queue. 

I'd like to send these replies to agents even if they are off-queue. 

I could create a skill for each agent, but the emails would sit in the queue until they go on queue. 

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Nick Argeson
    Bethlehem Shared Services LLC.

• 2.  RE: Route emails back to agent

Posted 03-26-2024 19:42

Hey Nick, 

While I would avoid doing this myself - it's pretty simple to do. I am not sure about he email wizard part, but assuming you can still have emails coming in and they touch an inbound flow this is possible/easy. Though it's a little finicky.

Assuming that the unique "interaction id" is added as a participant attribute

1. Set up data table in Genesys that matches name, userid and their unique "interaction id"
    2. Set up an in-queue email flow or make amends to your current one that does the following 
      1. Get the attribute from the interaction
      2. Use that to run a data table search and will spit out the user ID
      3. Create a data action that uses the "/api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/assign" API 
      4. Use that data action to send to the found agentId/userId

This has some pitfalls - be aware that it will be stuck with them until the accept or decline, and might even go into a loop of always being assigned back to that person (Could make some changes to the flow to assist in this not happening) But really, if they are sick/away/retire etc and they have the emails, it's a pain to have to log in as them, and accept/transfer away. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources