View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Routing of Work item to Agents.

• 1.  Routing of Work item to Agents.

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2022 06:36
    Hi Team,

Do anyone knows of any way to route 3rd party work items/messages route to agents , something similar to iWD in Genesys Engage.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Samrat

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Samrat Som
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 05-22-2022 10:42
    You have to use Email with a screen pop at the moment.  The idea of Work Items is in the works with a beta of the unattended API, but the full Work Item feature with an agent UI, Supervisor UI, and Analytics will not be out until the end of the year.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    robertwc@avtex.com
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 05-23-2022 04:38

Hi Guys. You can go have a look at the Roadmap: https://genesyscloud.aha.io/shared/d3bc714a5707a976777cdfdd719cbae0

Under Inbound you can see they are working on this at the moment. :)

Dewald Smit
    Altron Systems Integration a Division of Altron TMT (Pty) Ltd

• 4.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

GENESYS
    Posted 05-23-2022 08:12
    Thanks Robert and Dewald - I just wanted to confirm - we are indeed working to deliver workitem routing to Genesys Cloud this year and Robert's comments about unattended workitem support being available in beta is accurate.  We're actively working on getting our API support completed to route workitems to agents and then will work to layer in agent and supervisor UI support past that.  I'd like to level-set up front.  We are not rebuilding iWD (which can make coffee at 2pm each afternoon with just the right amount of milk to keep you happy!) but we are looking at developing workbin support, a business rules engine, and will enable the triggering of events to help drive business logic.  We'll continue to building out workitem routing and will look to close the ground with iWD - but that is a steep hill to climb!!!

In the mean time, our 3rd party email or chat solution may be a good way to get off the ground.

Thanks and we look forward to delivering workitems later this year.

Chris

Chris Bohlin
    Product Manager - PureCloud

• 5.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 07-22-2022 01:24

Hi Chris,

We're looking forward to this Workitem Routing feature, to help with our post-interaction back office workflows. 

Whist I see this feature on the roadmap, and see it is currently in Beta - I cannot find any dates other than 'this rear'. 

Do you have any release date information?

Also, if you are looking for more Beta users, I'd be keen to explore the possibility. 

Joel

Joel Graham
    Red Energy Pty Ltd.

• 6.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2022 08:51
    Joel - first off - does it really say 'this rear' somewhere?  If so can you point me to where that is so I can fix it?

Workitem routing is underway and we've already introduced a number of APIs to create and define worktypes and workbins, instantiate workitems, create schedules/processes, etc and there is lots more coming.  We've are hoping that in the next 30 days, we'll be able to deliver workitems to agents using the APIs.  From there, we'll start in on UI development - which, for most customers, is where the rubber starts to meet the road.

I'm hopeful we'll have a beta release including API, UI, and analytics support by early Q4 and right now things are looking really good for that.

If you are interested in gaining access to the existing beta - APIs, let me know (chris.bohlin@genesys.com) and I can get your org enabled.

Thanks
    Chris

Chris Bohlin

• 7.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 07-25-2022 21:21

Hi Chris - please disregard my 'this rear' typo (doh!) - intended as 'this year'.

Thanks for the update - this is promising, but I'll hold off on getting onto any Beta until we have the UI available - around Q4.

Thanks!
    Joel

Joel Graham

Red Energy Pty Ltd.

• 8.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 10-25-2022 22:36

Hi @Chris Bohlin

Any updates on the release of the UI for work item routing ?

I was looking for it in the recent roadmap webinar, but could not see a mention of it.​

Thanks
    Joel

Joel Graham

CX Program Manager

• 9.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 01-09-2023 01:52
    Looking forward to seeing how this is intended to be implemented.

We have the following operating model:
    1. Tasks pulled from 3rd party system and a Workitem is created.
    2. Workitem is assigned to a queue with priority and skill.
    3. Workitem is then assigned according to priority to appropriately skilled user with availability.
    So I am wanting to clarify the following:
    1. If a task is created with a queueId is there in-queue routing configurable in Architect?
    2. The lifespan of a workitem can be up to 365 days rather than the 72 hours for other media types?
    3. Presumably there will be agent utilization configuration options for this media channel?
    4. Presumably the above model will require the addition of Workbins and Worktypes?
    5. For QA items is there a method to exclude the performing user from the list of users that may be allocated the checking of their tasks?
    6. How will our operating model need to adapt?
      Thanks

Tarquin Bell
      Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

1. 10.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

GENESYS
      Posted 01-10-2023 08:28
      Tarquin - once we release our routing APIs (next week), you will be able to route workitems to agents via assignment service in the same ways we route calls, texts, emails, etc.

What's unique about workitems is that they don't actually require architect flows to get routed.  You can define their skills, langauges, priorities, and queues when you define the worktype and choose whether or not new work of this type route to the queue as soon as the task is created or if it just goes to a workbin (where it can be cherry picked or routed at later time.   Some really excellent flexibility is introduced with workitems!!!

To your other questions: (really starting at 2)
      1. Yes, 365 days
      2. Yes, out of the box we'll support it at the media level and then will introduce support for utilization by worktype as well
      3. Yes, you can't have workitems with out workbins or worktypes
      4. I am not following your request here - could you outline the use case a bit more?
      5. This is tough question to answer but I'll provide some thoughts:
        1. this will depend on who you are routing tasks to - will these be agents or will they be back office users
          1. if agents - you'll need to be careful with forecasting and scheduling up front.  We won't offer integration to WEM until later in the year so you want to make sure you don't give too much work to agents to stop tehm from finishing their normal communications work
          2. if back office users (who have historically not had their work tracked) - be ready for some serious increase in production!  
        2. you may want to set aside dedicated time each day to let agents/back office folks perform their work so you can get a feel for how much they are able to do.
        3. We will offer supervisors the ability to see all of the workitems assigned to agents, queues, general workbins in the same what they can monitor queues today - so this will just need to become part of their workflow

Here's a question for the rest of the community?  Are you routing tasks to agents today?  Any helpful tips for managing day-to-day operations with tasks and communications (calls/text/emails?

Chris Bohlin

2. 11.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 01-10-2023 23:45
      Chris

Thanks very much for this great information,  we are looking forwards to this functionality as we currently make heavy use of equivalent capability with PureConnect.
      To item 5. we have several teams (agents) being pushed work and for QA they peer review so i was really wondering if there will be a feature that we could use to ensure peer review items are not passed to the original completer of the workitem. I envisage agent A completing workitem task and it disconnecting then a related workitem is created for the QA task, we can pass, as a custom attribute, the id of agent A but at the QA workitem distribution stage (ACD) can we ensure that agent A is bypassed and only agents B,C,D etc are considered? Some sort of negative 'Preferred Agent'...

Thanks again

Tarquin Bell

3. 12.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

GENESYS
      Posted 01-10-2023 08:18
      Joel - my apologies - but I must have missed this discussion update last year and never replied back (feel free to reach out to me directly in the future if that happens.)

We're making great progress on Workitem Routing and I'm planning to have our routing APIs made available next week.  At this point, via our APIs, customers can create workbins, define worktypes, and create individual tasks/workitems, build process flows, execute business actions with triggers and workflows (via event orchestration) and as of next week, we'll be able to route workitems to agents (though you'll need a custom UI to do it!)

This quarter I hope to release our native agent UI support, list views for supervisors, our first reports, and a bunch of other related enhancements. 

I''ll be presenting our roadmap at this quarters public webinar on 1/25 - so please join!!!

Thanks,
      Chris

Chris Bohlin

4. 13.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 01-10-2023 10:40
      Hi Chris,

When the UI is released for Workitem Routing.. Will it follow the channel switching approach, outlined in the photo below? Meaning.. will an agent who is on a call be able to generate a workitem and asssociate it to the external contact, similar to how we might do so today if we generate an SMS on a phone call?

Interaction that shows an agent switching from email to a call at a customer's request

Peter Stoltenberg
      TTEC Digital, LLC dba Avtex

5. 14.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 07-03-2023 23:35

Chris Hi

I see quite a few apis are listed in beta, how is the beta progressing?

Do you have any insight into when will the Agent UI be GA?

Thanks

Tarquin Bell

6. 15.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 09-11-2023 16:18

We were interested in this feature as well.  I'm not finding any new information on it.  

Did you ever hear if it made it to GA?

Daniel Cross
      Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

7. 16.  RE: Routing of Work item to Agents.

Posted 01-30-2024 06:58

Same as above. What is the latest on this?

I can see useful detail in the Task Management but not much on UI side.

Simon Brown
      Maintel Europe Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources