Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Routing TFN to Queue

Posted 11 days ago

Brand new to this, but we are implementing a new TFN that is a direct route, and we want it to go only to a certain queue. This challenge is Genesys set up all our TFN's to go to one Inbound Call Flow. How can use the existing Call Flow to take advantage of everything provisioned in there but just go to the one queue?  

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Craig Fickes
    EverBank, N.A.

• 2.  RE: Routing TFN to Queue

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Craig, you can use Data Table and the flow extracting data there.

In this Data Table, you map the DID/DNIS to identify the queue you will be routed using the same Flow and have a simple update (remove or add new queues by editing a data table only).

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 3.  RE: Routing TFN to Queue

Posted 7 days ago

That was very helpful, but now my issue is calls are going to the default (VQ_BANK_DCC_GENERAL_SVC_en) queue. I am missing something obviously, but I need some help.  

vCallDescription               Bank Migration Assistance
    ROUTING_TYPE             DirectRoute
    CUST_ANI_NO                tel:+19044125602
    SKILLSET                        Tier 2
    BankSalesDept                false
    TOPIC                              BANK_MIGRATION_ASSISTANCE_TEAM
    CALLDESC                      Bank Migration Assistance
    vANI                                 +19044125602
    SKILL_SET_TYPE           VQ_BANK_DCC_GENERAL_SVC_en
    QueueTreatmentAudio     Q_Service_Announcement
    CALL_OUTCOME_TXT   Direct_Route
    CALLTYPE                       BANK_MIGRATION_ASSISTANCE_TEAM
    scriptId                             
    vDNIS                              +18558138484
    AUTH                               false
    vValidANI                         true

Craig Fickes
    EverBank, N.A.

• 4.  RE: Routing TFN to Queue

Posted 7 days ago

Craig,

Firstly, I highly recommend taking the training from Genesys Beyond. (The most cost-effective way to do this is with a Subscription.) This will give you a thorough grounding in the system and it's underlying methodology (many of the terms and techniques are different from other systems you may have used.) As a tip, try to take the classes Instructor-Led, not Self-Study.

Having got that out of the way, in your case, I would try to break away from having all numbers go to the same inbound Flow. If you literally want to point a number directly at a Queue, then I would create a Flow that has a starting Task that just transfers the call to the Queue and then configure the TFN to route to that Flow. You mention "Take advantage of everything provisioned there". could you elaborate on that with respect to this particular ask?

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 5.  RE: Routing TFN to Queue

Posted 7 days ago

Thanks for the quick reply. 

I just got out of Architect training class last week and I've taken 3 other courses too, it's been helpful, but the way Genesys set it up is different than training showed us. 

We use Pindrop as part of our authentication/fraud tool for all calls (IVR, Pre and Post IVR routing) so it must stay with the inbound call flows Genesys setup. Is there a tool in Genesys I can trace or monitor the call so I can see why or where it is failing and going to the default skill? 

Craig Fickes
    EverBank, N.A.

• 6.  RE: Routing TFN to Queue

Posted 6 days ago

If you have common logic across multiple otherwise distinct flows, use a Common Module.

As for tracing, this is sadly lacking, although there are some recently announced improvements on that. For now, the easiest way is to write debugging messages to Participant Data attributes. I usually create a logging Common Module that appends a message to an Attribute, with a time/date stamp, and inserts a CR/LF between messages. Unfortunately, this doesn't show up very well in the UI, but if you copy and paste it into Notepad, it works surprisingly well.

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources