Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Salesforce API Integration works in test but doesn't update when called in data action

Posted 10 days ago

What is the best way to troubleshoot a Salesforce API integration that works when run in test mode in the action but when I call that action (in a step in a button from within a script), it doesn't go down the error leg but it also doesn't update Salesforce?  When I run the action in test (it is a PATCH to update the lead status in Salesforce), it successfully updates the status (confirmed in Salesforce) but when the agents click on the button with the exact same action, it doesn't update the lead.  If the API call fails in the script, I can see it set the output variable to failed so I don't think it is "failing".  I double checked that it is using the correct data action and I also confirmed in the interaction details that all the variables are getting set correctly. 

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Maureen Shaw
    Helpware Inc

• 2.  RE: Salesforce API Integration works in test but doesn't update when called in data action

Posted 9 days ago

Is the script configured to support Data Actions?

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 3.  RE: Salesforce API Integration works in test but doesn't update when called in data action
    Best Answer

Posted 8 days ago

I figured out the issue was because the agent did not have the correct permissions to execute the action (Integration.action.execute).

Maureen Shaw
    Helpware Inc

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources