Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Salesforce Softphone stops ringing on inbound voice calls.

Posted 03-07-2024 09:31

Looking to see if anyone else has experienced this.  All our agents are on Windows 11, recently we have had a few agents where the SF Softphone stops ringing. The Agent can go in and touch their WebRTC sound settings and the ringing returns. It may continue to ring for a few calls or a few days and then ringing stops again. The other 500+ agents no problems.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

#Integrations

------------------------------
    John Buhr
    Paycor, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Salesforce Softphone stops ringing on inbound voice calls.

Posted 03-08-2024 08:32

What type of headset are your agents using? Something makes me thing the audio settings are being redirected to another resource/output. Its possible it's misconfigured audio settings. Sometimes my laptop decides to start using my HDMI monitors that don't have speakers and I have to switch it back.

Steve Alix
    EDCi

• 3.  RE: Salesforce Softphone stops ringing on inbound voice calls.

GENESYS
    Posted 3 days ago

Hello John, 

To follow up more on what Steven is saying. It would be a good idea to confirm what headset they are using and make sure the agent is using the correct audio settings. Please keep in mind also that these settings in the SF managed package are stored locally in the agents' cookies, so you can also check that their cookies/cache are not being cleared out as well. 

You can also check out this resource center documentation as well that provides common scenarios for troubleshooting audio issues within the managed package. 

Let us know if Steven or I helped you out. He also gave a great answer

Cameron Tomlin
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager/Moderator

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources