Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SAP S/4HANA integration using Data Actions

Posted 03-22-2024 00:33

Dear Genesys Cloud Community,

For one Customer we would like to integrate Genesys Cloud with SAP S/4HANA without using the connector available on AppFoundry since they are using the Genesys Cloud Embedded Client. 

Our approach is to use Data Actons, like available for MS Dynamics or Salesforce for example. I tried to search something similar applied for S/4HANA but I couldn't find anything, exept the following post: Does Genesys Support Odata Service API to Integrate Genesys with SAP S4 Hana?

Questions: 

1. Has anyone tried to integrate S/4HANA via Data Actions?
    2. Would this kind of integration be possible in general? If so, how?

Thanks for your feedback and Kind regards,

#Integrations

------------------------------
    Fabrizio Tortis
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 2.  RE: SAP S/4HANA integration using Data Actions

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-22-2024 03:06

Hey Fabrizio,

The short answer here is yes, it's all possible. Though, without using the connector there is a lot of work involved. Doing this with data actions is likely not going to be a very good idea, depending on the size of your centre and the amount of data actions that are going to be occurring (as well as API hits in general) See HERE Genesys Limits

There are quite a number of questions and planning to go through to see if this is tenable, If you want to do a smaller integration/lite integration it's possible. It will also come down to the architecture of your plan. You could do this with a combination of workflows + data actions + triggers etc. Or you could create some middleware that listens to Gen + SAP etc. 

I would be happy to help you explore this. I'm assuming one of the reasons you might not want to use the connector is cost, and if so I understand that - and while it might be cheaper to develop for a lite integration, if you're wanting to use the whole feature set, you might find it cheaper to get the connector. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: SAP S/4HANA integration using Data Actions

Posted 03-25-2024 00:44
    Dear Lawrence, many thanks for your answer.
    The reasons why I would like not to use the connector are mainly the following:
    - Microsoft Teams presence status not available (also required by the customer);
    - Existing integration with MS Dynamics using Data Actions not possible at the same time

Because of those points, using Data Actions to integrate also SAP would help. So we could push both Dynamics and SAP URLs at the same time via Agent Script.

About the integration it would be very simple:
    - Account identification via CLID/ANI
    - Open the SAP page related to the Account identified via Agent Script

This is something we are doing also for other Customer using Salesforce via the pre-buillt Data Actions for example.

I'm wondering why Genesys is not offering something similar also for SAP.

At this stage for me it's urgent to understand if there could be a technical way in doing this kind of integration, to avoid offering something to the Customer that could not be achievable/implementable later on.

So having a confirmation for that point would help me a lot.

Thanks and Kind regards.

Fabrizio Tortis
    Swisscom (Schweiz) AG

• 4.  RE: SAP S/4HANA integration using Data Actions

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 03-25-2024 06:01

Hey Fabrizio,

My pleasure - 

On your two points, this is very doable and should be quite easy to set up. I've got a number of ways and built data actions I could share that assist with this. Would just need to edit the endpoints and auth to make these work. As an example, with one of my centres we do a find of the customer account, using the ANI, this value is passed to an agent script where the CRM opens in a new window on alert of the interaction. 

We also have a button that allows the agent to re-open the CRM page if it didn't work or if they closed it. Along with another function that lets the agent enter a phone number, and do all those actions in case the customer calls from a different number/private number. 

What you will need

• SAP API documentation/endpoints for both search and one that should give you the URL for the customer account
    • Oauth/some kind of authentication for SAP (or really whatever system you will use) 
    • Script set up with variables for the URL - you can then screen pop this
    • (There are many ways to do this) Common module set up in architect that runs the search data action and then sets the screen pop/script and passes the URL

All very doable and happy to jump on a call if you would like to run through it. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources