Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Schedule Callback

Posted 10 days ago

We currently dial our members via Power dialing, 3 times (main, alt, main phone) based on wrap outcomes with 48 hours in between calls. We use rules, filter and recycle functions to prioritize callable members. My question is all about the scheduling of a callback, how do you ensure the dialer does not redial the member outside of the scheduled callback booked through the power dialer campagin?

Desire:

• would like to call a member and if the outcome is that they would like a callback at a specific date/time (without queue assignment) we are able to schedule it and the dialer would then stop dialing them and the scheduled callback would be the next outreach to the member. 
    • would like to use the scheduled callback queue assignment to route scheduled callbacks to a different queue to be called back at the scheduled date/time and when this happens they are reviewed from the current call campaign the call originated from and only called through the scheduled date/time booked within the queue it is scheduled to.

Experience we are getting:

• if we set the wrap for the scheduled callback wrap up as uncallable the dialer does not redial the member through the dialer campaign but also does not allow the scheduled callback to happen in originated dialer campaign or an assigned queue
    • if we use the assign queue option the scheduled callback is moved to the queue and dialed at the proper date/time but does not get removed from the originating dialer campaign and therefore still gets additional calls via the dialer even though they have a scheduled callback booked

Does anyone have a work around or can anyone explain how this is supposed to operate? is the scheduled callback function only available for call campaigns only placing 1 round of calls? Seems like a feature flaw?

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Christina Bowens
    Vida Health, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Schedule Callback

Posted 3 days ago

Here is my suggestion:

1. Use Wrap-up rule to run a workflow and supply the contact information and desired
    2. Workflow will take the contact information hold the contact in the workflow for the desired day and time
    3. Workflow will insert the contact into the contact list at that time and dial it as normal.

Let me know if there are any questions. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Schedule Callback

Posted 3 days ago

Interesting concept. You are saying, run a workflow on wrap up, put a wait step that is as far out as the scheduled callback and insert into a new campaign. Keep in mind the wait has a max of 72 hours. 
    There are limits around workflow execution per minute/hour - with this you would have workflows out there for 2 days that are "executing" so how would that count towards the limits?

Patti Oaks
    Electroline Data Communications Inc

• 4.  RE: Schedule Callback

Posted 3 days ago

You could spawn other Workflows or loop wit statements for longer periods but for REG F, the 72 hours should work.  Yes, you do have to be aware of limits, so any work you can do in the columns like maybe using a workflow to set a callback column and a pre call rule to check that against the current time would work for the longer recalls.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 5.  RE: Schedule Callback

Posted 3 days ago

I'm a little confused by your statement "would like to use the scheduled callback queue assignment to route scheduled callbacks to a different queue.". This isn't how Dialer is ordinarily set up, so I assume you are configuring the callback as a standard (inbound) callback for the secondary queue? This would explain why Dialer still tries to call the number, since it is not aware of the callback.

I'm not sure why marking the number / contact as uncallable in Dialer is affecting the (essentially unrelated) callback in the second queue. I think we would need to see more configuration details.

I like Robert's idea, although I'm not sure if he is proposing a second campaign, with it's own contact list and the secondary queue, or inserting an inbound callback. One of the problems with the latter is, if the call is still not answered, the system will not automatically retry. It also doesn't use any of the Dialer dialing modes, it essentially becomes a Preview call.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources