Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Scheduled coaching sessions

Posted 8 days ago

I have a few questions about the scheduled coachings (or "Coaching Appointments").

We're considering implementing this feature, but the default settings aren't working well with our use cases.

1. Are there configuration settings for these Appointments available?
      1. What options are available for changing the code applied to the schedule, if any?
      2. What options are available for limiting the time(s) the appointment can be scheduled for?
      3. What options are available for limiting the Planning Group/Management Unit when an agent is selected?
    2. For anyone who is currently using this implementation, what tips and tricks do you have for our implementation?

#Configuration
    #Scheduling
    #Learning/Coaching

------------------------------
    Gene Gutierrez | Workforce Coordinator
    Presbyterian Customer Service Center
    Albuquerque, NM

• 2.  RE: Scheduled coaching sessions

GENESYS
    Posted 6 days ago

Hi Gene,

Thanks for reaching out on the community. Let me address each point in turn.

What options are available for changing the code applied to the schedule, if any?

At the moment you cannot change the activity code that is associated to either Coaching or Learning. Both of these activities are always recorded as "Training". However, we have just started work on changes that will allow you to define the code that is used for either of these activities at the Business Unit level. These changes are expected to release sometime later in this year.

What options are available for limiting the time(s) the appointment can be scheduled for?

Activity codes can be configured using a flag in their settings called "Is Interruptible". This means that when creating schedules it is possible to create blocks of time you intend to allow for the possibility of being overwritten with either Coaching or Learning. In this way it is possible to create a schedule where only designated blocks of time will be displayed as choices when someone attempts to book an appointment. This feature is already available in Genesys Cloud.

Furthermore, we have a feature currently in the works that will greatly enhance the Workforce Management slots displayed when someone is booking Coaching or Learning. A new algorithm will now find optimal slots based on the service goals defined inside of Workforce Management and present multiple possible futures. This increases the likelihood facilitators will find an appropriate slot without needing any further intervention. Should none of these slots prove appropriate an option will be available to define a custom date range to rerun the search. If there are still no options that match the facilitators desire, they will finally have the option to switch off the schedule search, and instead create a session for any date and time of their choosing. This final option however would not be taking the schedule into account and is expected to cater for more niche scenarios. These features are anticipated to arrive in Genesys Cloud later in the year.

What options are available for limiting the Planning Group/Management Unit when an agent is selected?

As mentioned above our newer algorithm will be looking at service goals defined down to such a level of granularity.

I hope that helps. If you want to give more detail on your specific use cases I'd be happy to make suggestions.

Regards,

Paul Turner
    Senior Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Scheduled coaching sessions

Posted 22 hours ago

Hey Gene,

We tried rolling this out for our frontline supervisors but it was not successful due to the very limited time blocks provided by the scheduling wizard (usually early morning, evenings and weekends when supervisors are not here). For this reason alone I would not recommend relying on this feature until the necessary updates have been made to allow for custom date/time selections. 

Andrea Rushfeldt
    ATB Financial

• 4.  RE: Scheduled coaching sessions

Posted 22 hours ago

I agree. I find this very frustrating as Cloud has a ton of features that can be very useful... if they were available in a format usable for more/most organizations. The cumulative issues like this are why I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone else for at least a few years when these systems are more fully fleshed out.

Gene Gutierrez | Workforce Coordinator
    Presbyterian Customer Service Center
    Albuquerque, NM

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources