Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Screen Recording not working

Posted 05-24-2023 13:10

We recently added Genesys Cloud Background Assistant so we can use screen recording through the browser. I edited an already existing policy to add screen recording. I am getting a pop up saying " The request to get the analytics data retention failed." We have calls being recorded with no issue, but the screen recording isn't happening. Has anyone run into this? 

#QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Trisha Loughney
    Servpro Industries, LLC.

• 2.  RE: Screen Recording not working

GENESYS
    Posted 05-25-2023 12:12

Hi Trisha,

Have you looked into troubleshooting FAQ for GCBA?  And where are you seeing the pop up?  When you try to open the Interaction Details page afterwards?  My guess is that that error is a red herring to your GCBA issue.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 3.  RE: Screen Recording not working

Posted 05-25-2023 12:16

I was actually reviewing logs for a rep for an unrelated issue and saw this error message in the logs : ["Failed to authenticate gcba: Error: gcbaId is not provided: undefined",{"activeConversations":[]}].

Trisha Patrick
    Servpro Industries, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Screen Recording not working

Posted 05-25-2023 15:59

Start off by confirming that the GCBA service is installed and running on that rep's workstation.  Then also see if you can browse to https://127.0.0.1:8191/version on that same workstation in their browser.

Vaun McCarthy

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources