PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View

Self Signed cert between OSSM and IceLib-Web app port 8952 (page 24 of PortMap_tr,pdf)

• 1.  Self Signed cert between OSSM and IceLib-Web app port 8952 (page 24 of PortMap_tr,pdf)

Posted 12-07-2023 11:54

Our QSA flagged us for a self signed cert associated with port 8952 and it is not TLS compliant.  I checked the PortMap pdf and I do not believe I have either of these components in my infrastructure and am betting this is something just exposed by default 'to make things easier' (no judgement.)  I only have a CIC/Media server switchover pair, and we use Interactive Attendant to process calls (60+ custom handlers.)  I also have no web servers or other components on these servers so the 'address this in your web config' does not apply. I have learned over the years that the CIC and components have a proprietary web server that is build in and cannot be locked down any further (according to Gensys support.)  I use TLS with certs to lock down what i can (sip trunks and DB.)  

Any insight or information is greatly appreciated.

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #AskMeAnything(AMA)
    #Implementation
    #Security
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christopher Becker
    State of Michigan - Oakland County - WRC
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources