Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sending Conversion ID in Data Action Header

Posted 07-13-2022 16:17

Hi Everyone, 

Any one has idea on how to send conversation ID in Header with data action to webservice api where we provide input in inbound call flow to that data action and along with those input we are looking to send conversation ID in Header for them not as payload input. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards,
    Basha

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Basha

• 2.  RE: Sending Conversion ID in Data Action Header

Posted 07-19-2022 11:07
    Are you calling the Genesys Cloud API or an external one?

When you create your data action, you can add headers on the Setup->Configuration tab and include dynamic information from your input contract. So you would need to pass the action the Conversation ID and then you can add it to the headers.

HTH

• 3.  RE: Sending Conversion ID in Data Action Header

Posted 07-19-2022 11:16
    Hi Paul, 

I am calling external API and using in header as {conversationId} - this is showing as the same string {conversationID} not the actual value on their end, i have not stored any conversation ID in flow with that variable. business is looking to have it in header not as input.

Regards,
    Basha

• 4.  RE: Sending Conversion ID in Data Action Header

Posted 08-02-2022 16:32
    Basha,

My apologies for the delay in responding, I have been on vacation.

I'm not sure I follow here! The Conversation ID isn't available automatically to the Data Action, you have to pass it in as part of the Input Contract. You then pick it from the available fields to send (in the Header, or in the body or even as part of the URL)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources