Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 04-12-2023 09:34

Hi all,

I want to send web surveys to all my inbound phone customers. However I can only send surveys to callers who opt-in for a voice recording.
    This is according to design: "Call recording requires that Recording is enabled on the SIP trunk. Contact your telephony administrator and refer them to the Enable Recording procedure.", according to this helpcenter page: Create a web survey policy - Genesys Cloud Resource Center

Due to legislation and compliance, I need to give my customers the ability to opt-in/out to recordings. Should a customer chose to opt-out of recording, I still want to send them a survey, as they are still customers and their feedback valued.

I see this as a major design flaw of the survey module, as this will result in me not surveying customers, who do not want to be recorded.

I am wondering if anyone has found a solution around this design problem?

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #QualityManagement

------------------------------
    Jonas Kristensen
    Advania Sverige AB

• 2.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

GENESYS
    Posted 04-13-2023 08:54

If you use the Recording Consent capability, and the customer did not grant consent in the call, the call recording will not be captured at all.  So there will be nothing to retain.  And therefore you can continue to set your QM policy to retain recordings, and also be able to send customers the survey as per the policy.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 3.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 04-17-2023 04:21

Hi Daniel,

We are not able to do as you mention. Are you sure?
    If there is no recording, a survey simply cannot be sent. I have that confirmed from Genesys support too.

When we tested, we could not send a survey if the customer had not gone past the "enable participant recording" step in the architect.
    This step in architect is obviously only something for customers to cross, if they opt-in on recordings.

Jonas Kristensen
    Advania Sverige AB

• 4.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

GENESYS
    Posted 04-17-2023 18:37

I see. I stand corrected then.  Thanks Jonas!

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 5.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 04-18-2023 04:38

Daniel, do you know if this is something that is being looked into presently? I know of the idea in the lab, have voted and commented already.

I think this is somewhat of a huge gap in the platform. I get for evaluations why you would only do that on calls with recordings, but for surveys I think it is very illogical to not send to all customers, regardsless of there being a recording or not.
    Why would one want to eliminate the voice of so many customers? It is not very CX friendly in my opinion.

Jonas Kristensen
    Advania Sverige AB

• 6.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 04-18-2023 08:54

Jonas,
    I don't have inside knowledge, not do I know for sure, but I suspect that the thinking is that if a customer comments on an interaction, you would want to be able to listen to the interaction to see if their comments were fair / justified / why they were made etc. If a customer simply says "Agent was rude", or "Agent went above and beyond", you are likely to want to confirm.
    I don't know if that's the reasoning, or not, but it would make sense. I agree with you, however, it should be something that can be configured either way, depending on the specific use case.
    I recommend creating an idea for it.
    HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 7.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

GENESYS
    Posted 04-18-2023 13:40

Hi Jonas,

Thank you for reaching out and for voting on the Idea within our Ideas Lab.  We realize this is a gap, but we are currently working on other priorities and this isn't on our immediate roadmap.  As resources free up, status updates will be posted to the Idea.  Thank you so much!!

Michele Fisher
    Genesys - Employees
    Director, Product Management

• 8.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 04-20-2023 09:42

Thanks Michelle, this was the exact acknowledgement I needed. I will make sure to get a few more votes on the idea, from our customer who is affected by this. Thanks again! :)

Jonas Kristensen
    Advania Sverige AB

• 9.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 04-20-2023 10:04

Jonas,
    Just be aware that Genesys only count 1 vote per email domain - so don't hassle your customer to send multiple votes 😝 I believe this is so that they don't end up with only the ideas popular with the bigger customers / partners being seen.

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 10.  RE: Sending surveys on calls without recording

Posted 14 days ago

Hi Jonas, 

We have the same issue and would have liked Genesys to solve it. 

Regards

Stefan Döring
    Miele & Cie. KG

Stefan Döring
    Miele & Cie. KG

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources