Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

• 1.  Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 10-25-2022 08:48

We've recently begun using the Sentiment Analysis/ Speech Analytics. A few questions on this…

1. Is there a canned report that pulls in Sentiment Score? I was looking through the Reports and didn't see any – but wasn't sure if I missed something.
    2. Does Genesys have data that can be shared on client service industry averages for sentiment score that we can use to benchmark ourselves?
    3. If we review a call with low sentiment to find that there's nothing wrong (i.e. the low sentiment is related to mistranslation, personal comments, "oh my god", etc., but nothing to do with our company/service/etc) is there a way to remove the tag and increase the sentiment score of the call?

#QualityManagement
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Amber Krueger
    Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC

• 2.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-26-2022 13:31
    Hi Amber

Thanks for your message.

We actually have a Beta running at the moment, which adds Sentiment data into Topic Trends. If you'd like to be added to that Beta please reach out direct and I can get you on there, it would be great to get your feedback.

Regarding industry data, sadly this isn't data that we keep

Lastly, in the case of incorrect Sentiment. We don't have the ability to remove this Sentiment at the moment, but we do have the ability for Seniment Feedback. Essentially here you're able to go and add a specific phrase that has been picked up incorrectly and change the Sentiment e.g. change it from Negative to Positive

Hope this helps

Andrew

Andrew Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 10-26-2022 13:51
    Thanks for the offer on the Beta, but that doesn't fit what we are looking for. We also don't want to holistically change a phrase from negative to positive...because sometimes it IS indicative of an issue (for example, an "oh my god" could be either). I think it would be beneficial for the ability to amend one call's tags, if that could be looked into.

Amber Krueger

• 4.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-27-2022 08:47
    Hi Amber,

I am one of the PMs working in Speech and Text Analytics. Can we reach out to you by email to get some examples of transcripts and your expectations around sentiment? We are constantly improving our sentiment models and we can use your feedback to run against our latest models which are fully context dependant and we expect better results when it comes to sentiment scoring.

If you're comfortable sharing some examples with us, please reach out to me anik.dey@genesys.com

Thank you so much for your valuable input.

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 10-27-2022 08:51
    Anik - That is fine. I'll email you. Thanks!

Amber Krueger

• 6.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-27-2022 09:34

Hi Amber,

Can I ask you to create a ServOps ticket working with your internal IT team to share the transcript with us?

Please leave a note in the ticket that you spoke to PM about testing the transcript using the updated sentiment model.

Thank you!

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 10-27-2022 10:11
    Hi Andrew,

Sorry to steer this thread a different way. You bring up a question I asked a while back and never got an answer for.
    I see sentiment data in our topic trends. Which we would like to use.  But in topics, we can't see or control what phrases are set to positive or negative. 
    I can add phrases with the sentiment but not under a topic.  One day early on the option was there, the next day it was gone. I asked about it at the time and was told it was a mistake.  Since sentiment in topic trends has been added since then it sure would be nice if we could set sentiment in topics

Daniel Cross
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 8.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-27-2022 10:40
    Hi Daniel

Thanks for the message

That's really interesting. Topics and Sentiment essentially work as 2 different things, it would be feasible to build a Topic with phrases that you deem to be positive or negative and then treat the topic as such.

However, if I understand you correctly, you would like the ability to decide if the identification of a Topic is a good or bad thing. Is that accurate?

Thanks

Andy

Andrew Boland
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 10-27-2022 11:28
    Maybe not apply it to the whole topic but be able to set sentiment value to the phrases in the topics.
    For example in build report there's nothing we can seeas positive or negative but we get scores. Things like please and thank you show as positive. I don't know what gives a negative score in the category.

Daniel Cross
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 10.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 11-23-2022 15:49
    Hi Daniel!

We had to go into sentiment feedback and enter in all the topics/phrases that we wanted to 'flag' as positive or negative. 

We also were having the same issue with "oh my god" where our customers were interchangeably using it in a positive AND negative sense. To combat this, we added this into sentiment feedback with a neutral sentiment to stop this from constantly picking up one way or the other. However, I agree with @Amber Krueger statement that it would be extremely beneficial to be able to go back and edit call tags! ​​

Addison Hild
    Athene

• 11.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 11-25-2022 07:45
    Edited by Renaud Larcier 11-25-2022 08:14
    Hi 

We recently acquired PC3 and we're starting to analyze the data reveaded by Transcript and Sentiment analysis. 

• As others on this thread we're facing instances where we feel the scoring is not accurate and we're starting to experiment with Sentiment feedback to see if helping adjusting the score? Is that the only option ?
    • While in interaction detail view you can see the sentences that triggered positive or negative feedback there is no export ability of those sentences. Are there any plans to expose those sentences and their scoring in a report?
    • What is the process you want us to use to report on incorrect Transcripts. We have quite a few product names that we woudl like to crawl against but it requires to create a Topic for each of them with the different transscript attempts. Example Travelport - our company name - is systematically captured as travel port. So we need to build a topic Travelport - with the word Travel port, travelport and whatever weird combination transcript may reveal.  Another example PCC standing for Pseudo City Code is transcripted as suicide code...?
    • I will look at API explorer to see if there are ways to pull the sentiment phrases triggered in interactions and export all

We're keen to participate to Beta if still in fly

Renaud Larcier
    Travelport

• 12.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

GENESYS
    Posted 11-30-2022 09:23
    Hey Addison,

You're doing the right thing to go into sentiment feedback to adjust the sentiment for these specific phrases that are interchangeable. We have a feature in our backlog that would allow you to provide sentiment feedback straight from the transcript UI tab. I think that can help speed up the process.

There is also an idea on our Ideas portal that you can vote for - https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/STA-I-9
    Which discusses exactly what you're looking for - performing sentiment analysis on historical calls after providing sentiment feedback.

Thank you.

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

GENESYS
    Posted 11-30-2022 09:30
    Hey Renaud,

Currently, sentiment feedback UI and API are the only two ways to adjust sentiment models if you feel the score is not accurate. There is no export ability to get the sentences and associated scores from interactions in a report, but this is something we can look into, are you able to create an idea in our ideas portal?

For improving transcripts, you can add those problematic phrases to Topics as you're doing right now. Early next year we will release a new feature called Dictionary Management, which will allow you to add these product names and also how they 'sound like' to our transcription engine, and this will significantly improve the transcription accuracy.

For betas, can you drop me an email anik.dey@genesys.com and I can get them enabled for you.

Thank you.

Anik Dey
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Sentiment Analysis/Speech Analytics

Posted 12-01-2022 09:58
    @Anik Dey
    Tx for your reply
    I will create idea and email you about Beta
    Great stuff

Renaud Larcier
    Travelport​

Renaud Larcier
    Travelport

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources