Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

Posted 09-16-2022 14:52

Hi,

I have to set up a Call flow with schedules and each schedule has it's own prompt.

I've created the 31 schedules and loaded the 31 wave files in the prompt. However, I am having difficult assigning them all in an Inbound Call flow.

Example:

I have 31 Schedules and each day will play different prompt and can also transfer to ACD and disconnect.

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

Posted 09-17-2022 23:12
    Depending on what you're trying to do there might be a few cleaner or better ways - You could get the date and use that in a switch to define the pathway the call will take - if you can provide a bit more info I can try and help with a solution

Lawrence Drayton
    Superloop

• 3.  RE: Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

Posted 09-24-2022 16:10
      |   view attached

Right now, I have 31 schedules and 31 prompts and the way I design it... I use the switch, evaluate schedule, play prompt and disconnect. Will this work?

Rechelle McConnell
    CHRISTIAN BROADCASTING NETWORK

• 4.  RE: Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-25-2022 18:29
    Hi Rechelle,

It will work. However it might not be the most efficient way to do it and will add to the flow size limit, and if you ever have to make changes, you might need to make that change in 31 switch paths, which future you might not appreciate.

As Robert pointed out, you can use the Find Prompt Action, and the input would be Append("DevotionoftheDay_",Day(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc)) and output from that would be something like Flow.PromptToPlay
    Then you can get rid of the entire switch and just in the Play Audio action set it to expression or data and set it to Flow.PromptToPlay then Disconnect.

If only some days have the disconnect after the prompt, I would do a Decision after that and just do a check for all those days its closed, then disconnect else continue as normal.

Otherwise if you really want to use a schedule, then as George mentioned you can use a schedule as a variable
    Similarly you would use a find Schedule Action, with input Append("Devotion of the Day - Day ",Day(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc)) Which will return the right schedule and then still do above to get the audio.

Just one thing to note, since Flow.StartDateTimeUTC is in UTC time, depending on how much of a difference it is you might need to do AddHours(Day(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc), X) Where X is the time difference (you can add negative hours, eg -12). 

Anton Vroon

• 5.  RE: Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

GENESYS
    Posted 09-18-2022 06:13

I don't know if you are aware of the somewhat new feature that lets you assign the Schedule of Schedule Group to look at using a variable, but it is what matches your scenario best. That way you use some logic (like day of the month) to assign a value to, say, the Schedule Group you want to look up (presuming you have one per Schedule to allow for Holiday and Emergency lookup as well), and then you just need the one action to do the lookup and put whatever functionality you want on each extit path (Open, Closed, Holiday, Emergency). 

Or, just look up the schedule and use your own logic to figure out if it is open or closed. 

that way you don't need a Switch action with 31 different conditions. 

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal PS Consultant
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 09-18-2022 16:28
    Edited by Anton Vroon 09-18-2022 18:22
    31 Schedules, I'm assuming then you have 1 for every day of the month.
    Well instead you could just use this formulae

Day(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc)

To get the current day, so a number between 1-31
    And then use that to determine the prompt, personally with that many prompts I would use a datatable instead of a switch, in the datatable key would just be the numbers 1 through to 31, and the second column would just be the prompt name. Then in my flow I would get that day of the month with the above formulae, use that as the key to look up the datatable to get the prompt name, then use the find prompt action to get the actual prompt.

EDIT: Or just have a hardcoded list of prompts and just use the index eg
    Flow.Prompts[Day(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc)-1] 
    To get the prompt for the day.

Anton Vroon

• 7.  RE: Set multiple schedules and prompt in one Inbound Call flow

Posted 09-20-2022 11:06
    Why not just record all your greetings as DayPrompt1, DayPrompt2, etc then use a Find User Prompt with Append("DayPrompt", Day(Flow.StartDateTimeUtc)) as the input the search and then follow that with a play audio.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources