Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

set priority consult transfer

• 1.  set priority consult transfer

Posted 29 days ago

After answering the call, in the case where the consult line goes to queue, the line that consults goes to priority = 0.

Is there a way to increase the priority of the consult?

If so, where should I go to fix it?

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #Integrations
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Nuttapong Limadisai
    Beryl 8 Plus Public Company Limited

• 2.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 29 days ago

You would have to transfer to an Inbound Flow and then set the priority there when you place the call into the Queue.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 3.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 28 days ago

Hi @Paul Simpson

I have 10 queues to transfer, so I have to create 10 flows, 1 flow per 1 queue? 

Nuttapong Limadisai

• 4.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 28 days ago

Hi Nuttapong,
    if you want to avoid 10 copys of the flow, than you need to find a way to "send" variables to that flow. One possibility would be 10 "consult-buttons" (1 for each queue), that write the desired queue into the participant data of the call and read that information out in the flow. You could also work with 10 different DIDs, that the agents use for transfer, that are leading to that flow.

Best
    Christoph

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 5.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 15 days ago

Hi Christoph

If you press Consult to queue and set In-queue flow as follows, will it help with priority or not?

Nuttapong Limadisai

• 6.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 14 days ago

Hi Nuttapong,
    basically your flow should set the priority right. The "disconnect" however would kill the call. But I never tried it that way, so please test it. :-)

Best regards
    Christoph

Christoph Domaschke
    CRONBANK AG

• 7.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 14 days ago

Nuttapong,

You face an almost identical problem with this method as well (notwithstanding the Disconnect Christoph mentioned.)

How are you going to distinguish between calls being transferred to this queue and direct calls to it? You will need to pass a variable in - in which case you may as well pass a variable identifying the queue to a dedicated inbound Flow and use a Switch statement to select the Queue (and set priority.)

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

• 8.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

Hi Nuttapong,

This is exactly how we have setup ours.
    Some additional steps. We only have one "transfer" specific in-queue flow. In this flow, what we have done is to check the current queue name, and if that queue name contains word "Transfer" in it, we query a datatable that has the applicable priority for transferred calls for the specific "Transfer" queue. If found in the datatable we set the priority of that call with the value from the datatable, otherwise if not found or a the in-queue flow is used for a different queue, then the process does not change the priority.
    Another important information is that if you set the value of priority to be say 100, 500, which are small numbers, it hardly makes a difference, so we ended up using priority of above 10000 where we can see the impact of it.

Regards

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Fund Services (Bermuda) Limited

• 9.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

@Vineet Kakroo

Not sure if the config is correct or not. Please help advise.

Nuttapong Limadisai

• 10.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

Yes all good, except check step-16 in the in-queue flow where you will need to use "Call.CurrentQueue.name"

Vineet Kakroo

• 11.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

@Vineet Kakroo

I've tried following the instructions. The result is still the same, priority in queue = 0.

Nuttapong Limadisai

• 12.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

Where are you checking the priority after setting the priority inside the inqueue flow ?

I think you may need to check this inside the developer centre where you can run the conversation API and check the specific participant where the new priority has been set.

Vineet Kakroo

• 13.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

@Vineet Kakroo

Can't check from here? priority here is only what passes from flow?

If you want to check What should I do?

Nuttapong Limadisai

• 14.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 10 days ago

Well yes it does not seem to reflect on there for some reason. Maybe needs a ticket to Genesys.
    What you need to do is to check the api/v2/conversations/{conversationId} API in https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/api-explorer-standalone and use the conversationId to execute this API. Then check the participant for the specific transfer queue and its priority.
    It shoud look something like;

Vineet Kakroo

• 15.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago

You can also use PATCH /api/v2/routing/conversations/{conversationId} to set and check the priority, sending an empty body from memory will change nothing but the response will have the current priority. 

But also yes the UI doesn't update priority displayed if updated InQueue yet.

One way you can get around identifying internal transfer vs new call to queue when updating InQueue priority is, using skills. So every inbound call we set a skill, even if it is a 1 skill to 1 queue scenario, That way on transfer there is no skill, so In Queue we check is there a skill assigned, if no, then its internal transfer so boost priority. 

The other way you could this not yet mentioned, is dummy internal DDIs. And staff press a button to transfer to that DDI, they can all point to the same flow, in which you can then do a check dialed number to figure out where it is going and hence what priority to set.

Or as mentioned set output / set participant data in the agent script that you can lookup on transfer to flow/queue.

Just wanted to provide a few other options. 

Anton Vroon

• 16.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 9 days ago

@Anton Vroon Thank you for the information.

Nuttapong Limadisai

• 17.  RE: set priority consult transfer

Posted 9 days ago

@Vineet Kakroo Thank you for your help. It works very well the way you described it.

Nuttapong Limadisai

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources