Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Set Priority from in-queue flow

Posted 11-22-2022 07:51

Hello Community,

I use the Set Priority action for updating call priority at the beginning of the Architect in-queue flow. Usually, the action updates the call priority, but sometimes it fails, and, in such cases, calls wait for the agents to answer more than they should.

In the documentation ( Set Priority action - Genesys Cloud Resource Center (mypurecloud.com)), is mentioned that: 

Before you use this action, make sure that the built-in variables for this action are not NOT_SET. If they are, then when the flow runs this action, it takes the Failure path at runtime. It may take time for the variables to have a value. 

Can anyone clarify, which exactly built-in variables should be checked, and what the minimum time should be passed before calling the Set Priority action to avoid failures?

Thanks,

Irina

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Irina Milstein
    ITNAV-Pro Ltd.

• 2.  RE: Set Priority from in-queue flow

GENESYS
    Posted 11-22-2022 13:04
    Call.Priority, Email.Priority, or Message.Priority variable depending on what type of flow you are using.  Use the IsNotSetOrEmpty or IsSet functions to check to see whether they are NOT_SET.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Set Priority from in-queue flow

Posted 11-22-2022 14:05

Hi Melissa, 
    thank you for your answer. 

Now I see, the priority value can not be updated if it is not initialized. But why can it be undefined, if the in-queue flow is already started?

If I understand correctly, in case the Call.Priority is not set, it should be checked again later.  I'm not sure I can implement polling in the in-queue flow, so I need to know how many seconds or milliseconds to wait before calling the Set Priority action.

Irina Milstein
    ITNAV-Pro Ltd.

• 4.  RE: Set Priority from in-queue flow

Posted 11-23-2022 12:06
    HI Irian, 

I am not sure if its going satisfy your use case, but you can use an api call call that updates priority (data action) inside of your inqueue flow and set the priority there.

We use it alot since we have use cases where there is alot of internal transfers and call does not hit the inbound flow.

Azamat Rustamov
    Cerium Networks

• 5.  RE: Set Priority from in-queue flow

Posted 11-23-2022 12:32
    Thank you, Azamat.

Does the Update Conversation Priority data action always succeed and not depend on the initialization of Call.Priority built-in value?

Regards,
    Irina

Irina Milstein
    ITNAV-Pro Ltd.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources