Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Shift Bid

Posted 04-03-2023 15:26

Hello, Do we have the option to create a shift bid? Can someone please point me in the correct direction on the work-around or process on creating the shift bid.

Thank you 

#WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Wendy Dodson
    Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Shift Bid

GENESYS
    Posted 04-04-2023 03:37
    Edited by Paul Wood 04-04-2023 03:40

Hi Wendy, 

we are currently designing Employees Work Plan Selection features that will include both an ad-hoc change request and a "shift bidding" like experience.

As we are currently in the design phase it would be great to hear your thoughts on bidding in general and on the flows we currently have in mind.
    if you'd like to take part in the feedback session please sign up for the Genesys sponsor user program

You can also join the conversation and follow the progress in the ideas lab on the idea Employee Selected Work Plan (shift bidding like features) - WFMSCH-I-69

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

• 3.  RE: Shift Bid

Posted 03-05-2024 07:49

Hello Paul,

Hope you are doing well.  We are currently on the cloud application.  When the need for OT arrives, we direct our supervisors to complete a form outside of the cloud application to list the name of the agent who is working the requested OT.

Does the current cloud application offer anything our Workforce Management team can use to send a request out to all the agents indicating the date and time OT is open?

Thank you,

Anthony

Anthony Cedrone
    Individual Only Contact Account

• 4.  RE: Shift Bid

GENESYS
    Posted 03-06-2024 07:01

Hi Anthony, 
    at the moment Over Time Management is a manual task and not supported within the WFM solution.

We have several ideas around this topic and is something that we are looking to research and add to the product. As we begin the research and scoping we'll update the roadmap and Ideas with our estimated timelines.

Paul

Paul Wood

• 5.  RE: Shift Bid

Posted 03-06-2024 08:19

Hi Paul,

Before proceeding, I'd like to discuss a potential solution to an issue we're facing.

Background: We have a queue named "Customer 1" with 5 agents assigned to it. Our forecast for the next three days indicates that we'll require three additional shifts for the agents in the Customer 1 queue.

Problem: Unfortunately, our cloud system doesn't support overtime (OT) shifts by directly sending OT bids to agents.

Proposed Solutions:

1. Utilize the WFM team: We have three members in the WFM team. We can assign them to the days where OT is needed and create shifts accordingly.  WFM doesnt speak with customers.
    2. Drop shift option: The WFM team members can use the drop shift option to fill the needed shifts.  The adds the three OT shifts 
    3. Add shift option for other agents: Agents in the company who are interested in working OT can utilize the "add shift" option to pick up the additional shifts.

It's important to note that for this example, we're assuming that all agents are already added to the Customer 1 queue and possess the necessary skills.

I'd appreciate your input on this approach.

Thank you,

Anthony

Anthony Cedrone

• 6.  RE: Shift Bid

GENESYS
    Posted 03-07-2024 06:24

Hi Anthony, 

I think it would be good if @Damaris Scott, the Product Manager covering this idea, could catch up with you separately to best understand your use case/situation and include it in our research.

Paul

Paul Wood

• 7.  RE: Shift Bid

Posted 03-07-2024 21:09

Hello Paul,

I would very much welcome the opportunity to connect with Damaris Scott and explore this case and assist with any additional needed information.  I appreciate the introduction.

Thank you,

Anthony

Anthony Cedrone

• 8.  RE: Shift Bid

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2024 08:35

Hi Anthony,

I'm not able to find your e-mail address. Would you mind e-mailing me at damaris.scott@genesys.com? Also, would you be available to meet on Tuesday 9-10 Eastern so we can discuss further?

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources