Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Shift Trades - How far out can I trade?

Posted 19 days ago

What is the rule for how far out an agent can participate in a shift trade?

Do the schedules for the week already have to be run or is it just so many weeks out and based solely on the agents Workplan? 

#WorkforceManagement
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Shift Trades - How far out can I trade?

GENESYS
    Posted 5 days ago

And heres the answer for this one :-)

Currently requests can be made up to 6 weeks out (1 full schedule period) and yes schedules have to be published for any type of trade to work.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Shift Trades - How far out can I trade?

Posted yesterday

@Tracy Vickers  I'm not sure as to the answer to my question.  I understand the part where the farthest out someone can request a swap is 6 weeks but I am not sure the answer about if the schedule has to have been run (generated) as that is not the same as "published". 

For this question, lets pretend NOTHING IS PUBLISHED.

Does the week you want to swap have to have been GENERATED in order to request the swap?  Ot does it just have to be within the next 6 weeks, regardless of if schedules have been generated for the week or not.  

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Shift Trades - How far out can I trade?

GENESYS
    Posted 21 hours ago

Hi Gina,

The schedule has to be generated and published for the agents to be able to trade.

Tracy
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Shift Trades - How far out can I trade?

Posted 18 hours ago

Hi Tracy,

Are you aware of any idea out there that addresses agents needing to be able to submit and orchestrate a Shift Swap without schedules having to be published?  We don't want to publish 6 weeks out because there are too many things that change that far out.  We cannot control what activity code changes trigger the alert to the agents and being 6 weeks out, there are bound to be a lot of changes.  We don't want them getting an alert every time something changes that is a month away, for example.  There is also the issue of schedules disappearing whenever someone cancels time off.  Genesys does not automatically add their schedule back.  Six weeks is a big window for someone to cancel and that schedule to disappear.  

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Shift Trades - How far out can I trade?

GENESYS
    Posted 3 hours ago

Hi Gina, 
    what you are describing fits more with what we would call availability preferences or exceptions.

We are currently researching the below idea, enabling employees to submit their availability before a schedule is generated.

Agent Availability Exceptions

This should help employees wanting to change their shifts before generating a schedule while reducing the need to orchestrate a peer-to-peer shift trade before any schedules have been published. 

In addition to this, we have Ability to Trade with Alternative Shifts from the System ,scheduled for release 8th of July, which will enable employees to trade shifts at shorter notice or without having to orchestrate a trade with a peer.

Paul

Paul Wood
    Product Manager for Genesys Cloud Workforce Management

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources