Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Shortening Activity Code ie. Overtime

Posted 10-27-2022 08:09
    No replies, thread closed.
    Good morning

I am sure this is a quick and easy one however I haven't figured it out yet.

In cases where an agent would work overtime.  I have their shift and then I want to add let's say 2 hours overtime at the end of their shift (could be more or less).  I created an activity code called Overtime.  I go into the schedule and want to add 2 hours at the end of their shift.  I can drag and drop to end of shift however the time allotment cannot be changed i.e. 4 hours to 2 hours.  I do change the length to 120 minus however it still shows the extended time?  Do I need to create an overtime activity for all timeframes? Do I need to change the actual shift to "is flexible" in order to add?

As always
    Thanks
    Shrley
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Shortening Activity Code ie. Overtime

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2022 08:20
    Edited by Jay Langsford 10-28-2022 08:21

"the time allotment cannot be changed" - can you explain more about this part? Specifically what is 'time allotment' mean? Length or paid time of the activity or of the shift or something else?

"I do change the length to 120 minus however it still shows the extended time" - how are you changing the length and can you explain the 'still shows the extended time'? Is that activity or shift length or paid time or something else?

On a schedule I can shorten/lengthen the last activity by double-clicking and modifying length or grab the edge at the end and drag in/out. I can add an activity at the end of a shift and similarly change the length by the same two methods. Only caveat is that default On Queue time can have its length modified only by resizing the activity as you cannot double-click edit.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 3.  RE: Shortening Activity Code ie. Overtime

Posted 10-28-2022 09:49
    Hi Jay
    So this is how I have it:
    Agent configured to be onqueue 8 hours 7-3 let's say
    They then sign up for 2 hours overtime after the shift has ended
    I have an activity code that is currently configured as 8 hours (as generally agents do a full shift)
    I go to the schedule (not published) and go to agent and pick the day they are going to work overtime
    I go to "overtime" in the menu at top and then drag it down to the shift hoping to insert it at end of shift
    It automatically gives me an 8 hours overtime - I click on the overtime and change 580 to 120 and save?  It still leaves the original 8 hour there plus overwrite the first 2 hours with the new activity.
    After I save it save the activity with 120 mins and then also save the remainder of the 8 hours.  I then need to go back and delete the "on queue" remainder and save again.  Is this normal behaviour?

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 4.  RE: Shortening Activity Code ie. Overtime

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2022 10:10

I tried to reproduce the issue but could not.

My steps:

- Have an existing agent scheduled for a 10h On Queue block from 9:30am to 7:30pm.

- I had created an On Queue related Overtime activity code with a default length of 8h.

- I selected Overtime and dragged it to the end at 7:30pm.

Result: agent is now scheduled from 9:30am to 3:30am for a total of 18h which is correct

Perhaps the issue 'drag it down to the shift hoping to insert it at the end'? If you drop it at the beginning or the middle it will plop it down at the beginning or the middle to the nearest configured 'drag snap minutes' and will split/replace overlapping activities. If you want an activity at the end, then you need to drag and drop it at the end.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 5.  RE: Shortening Activity Code ie. Overtime

Posted 10-28-2022 10:41
    Thanks Jay 
    If I have the activity configured as 8 hours and put it at end of shift - what would your steps be to only have it go 2 hours.

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 6.  RE: Shortening Activity Code ie. Overtime
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10-28-2022 11:50
    For the eight additional hours to only be 2h, I would drag and drop at end, then grab the end of the dropped activity until it was just 2h long. Nothing is 'fixed' on an activity - the default length is just a default and can be changed after adding to a shift.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources