Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Shrinkage Discrepancies

• 1.  Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 11-22-2023 14:41

Has anyone else noticed discrepancies with the Historical Shrinkage reports? 

We have had a ticket open with Genesys about this for 3 months now and Genesys is just insisting that the reporting is correct and there is no issue. What we are noticing however is that the Shrinkage report is listing a lot of unavailable time on random work teams. It isn't consistent so we cannot predict who will be impacted next, or when the next issue will occur. The last issue occured with one of our Chat work teams. In our org our work teams are named after the supervisors and work teams do not overlap MU or BU's. This makes it fairly easy to match up the amount of time in the shrinkage report for verification, but we are noticing hours of difference. 

This is the shrinkage report for our work team yesterday. As you can see it accounts for 3 hours and 39 minutes of Unavailable time.

The following screenshots are agents schedules. I did omit their names for security, but this will compare what was scheduled vs actual. There are three screenshots due to size:

So a full breakdown, since the pictures will not highlight the smaller timeframe's:

Agent 1:  4 minutes from 11 am to 11:04 am
    Agent 3:  1 minute from 11:59 pm to 12 am
    Agent 5:  6 minutes from 3:30 pm to 3:36 pm
    Agent 7:  1 minute from 2 pm to 2:01 pm
    Agent 10:  5 minutes from 3:30 pm to 3:35 pm
    Agent 11:  3 minutes 3:30 pm to 3:33 pm
    Agent 12:  1 minute from 11 am to 11:01 am
    Agent 13:  2 minutes from 10 am to 10:02 am
    Agent 14:  2 minutes and 3:30 pm to 3:32 pm

This totals 25 minutes. 

There is a section of PTO on agent 7 that is 3 hours and 30 minutes of late arrival, then an additional 30 minutes of late arrival unpaid. This totals 4 hours of PTO. There is another agent with a full 8 hours. Unless it is randomly picking up the code for the paid late arrival and not the other Time Off codes, this doesn't account for the extra time. But even if it does that would mean it is not accounting for the actual 25 minutes of unavailable. Even if that PTO is what was counting as unavailable we don't think that would be correct as time off has its own category which reported all of that time. 

Does anyone have any ideas on where this mysterious 3 hours is coming from? Has anyone else seen an issue like this? There are no other agents in the work team not shown on this schedule. 

#WorkforceManagement
    #Forecasting
    #Scheduling
    #QualityManagement
    #Performance Management

------------------------------
    Aaron Buckley
    Breezeline

• 2.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 11-23-2023 03:17

Aaron, I would first check if any of the above activity codes are aligned to "Unavailable" activity category. Incase there are, you have found answer to your question.    

Gurunandan Kashyap Jn
    Unisys Corporation

• 3.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 11-24-2023 09:49

Hi Gina, 

There are 3 activity codes in the unavailable Category. These codes are considered adherence exempt due to how they are used in the organization. We have IT Issues which is to cover when an agent is experiencing technical issues. These situations can vary with what status the agent is in or if they are even logged in. We have Special Project which is used for agents on special, short term, project that involve frequent status changes. Usually this is for new hire training, but other cases are up to supervisor discretion. The third code is the default Unavailable code and is not used. 

You can see here that there were no IT issues that day. There was 1 hour of special project scheduled for agent 12 in which they were off queue for that time. 

Our issue is not with the scheduled column though, it is with the actual column not showing accurately. We have 25 minutes of accounted for unavailable time. Not 3 hours and 30 minutes. Even if we counted that hour (which we do not, because that should contribute to an hour of Off Queue time in the actual column) we are still 2 hours shy. 

Aaron Buckley
    Breezeline

• 4.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

GENESYS
    Posted 11-23-2023 09:03
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:28
    Schedule Shrinkage for "Unavailable" is also showing 1 hour. Please check the activity codes configured to the "Unavailable" activity category. And also if you can check if there is any sub-category available under the "Unavailable"

Vikas Srivastava
    Genesys - Employees

Has anyone else noticed discrepancies with the Historical Shrinkage reports? 

We have had a ticket open with Genesys about this for 3 months now and Genesys is just insisting that the reporting is correct and there is no issue. What we are noticing however is that the Shrinkage report is listing a lot of unavailable time on random work teams. It isn't consistent so we cannot predict who will be impacted next, or when the next issue will occur. The last issue occured with one of our Chat work teams. In our org our work teams are named after the supervisors and work teams do not overlap MU or BU's. This makes it fairly easy to match up the amount of time in the shrinkage report for verification, but we are noticing hours of difference. 

This is the shrinkage report for our work team yesterday. As you can see it accounts for 3 hours and 39 minutes of Unavailable time.

The following screenshots are agents schedules. I did omit their names for security, but this will compare what was scheduled vs actual. There are three screenshots due to size:

So a full breakdown, since the pictures will not highlight the smaller timeframe's:

Agent 1:  4 minutes from 11 am to 11:04 am
    Agent 3:  1 minute from 11:59 pm to 12 am
    Agent 5:  6 minutes from 3:30 pm to 3:36 pm
    Agent 7:  1 minute from 2 pm to 2:01 pm
    Agent 10:  5 minutes from 3:30 pm to 3:35 pm
    Agent 11:  3 minutes 3:30 pm to 3:33 pm
    Agent 12:  1 minute from 11 am to 11:01 am
    Agent 13:  2 minutes from 10 am to 10:02 am
    Agent 14:  2 minutes and 3:30 pm to 3:32 pm

This totals 25 minutes. 

There is a section of PTO on agent 7 that is 3 hours and 30 minutes of late arrival, then an additional 30 minutes of late arrival unpaid. This totals 4 hours of PTO. There is another agent with a full 8 hours. Unless it is randomly picking up the code for the paid late arrival and not the other Time Off codes, this doesn't account for the extra time. But even if it does that would mean it is not accounting for the actual 25 minutes of unavailable. Even if that PTO is what was counting as unavailable we don't think that would be correct as time off has its own category which reported all of that time. 

Does anyone have any ideas on where this mysterious 3 hours is coming from? Has anyone else seen an issue like this? There are no other agents in the work team not shown on this schedule. 

#WorkforceManagement
    #Forecasting
    #Scheduling
    #QualityManagement
    #Performance Management

Aaron Buckley
    Breezeline

• 5.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

GENESYS
    Posted 11-24-2023 02:50
    I would also recommend reaching out to care, as we are not able to debug issues with customer data in the forums.
    Thanks

Vikas Srivastava
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 11-24-2023 09:51

Hello, 

I replied to the other user with the following: 

There are 3 activity codes in the unavailable Category. These codes are considered adherence exempt due to how they are used in the organization. We have IT Issues which is to cover when an agent is experiencing technical issues. These situations can vary with what status the agent is in or if they are even logged in. We have Special Project which is used for agents on special, short term, project that involve frequent status changes. Usually this is for new hire training, but other cases are up to supervisor discretion. The third code is the default Unavailable code and is not used. 

You can see here that there were no IT issues that day. There was 1 hour of special project scheduled for agent 12 in which they were off queue for that time. 

Our issue is not with the scheduled column though, it is with the actual column not showing accurately. We have 25 minutes of accounted for unavailable time. Not 3 hours and 30 minutes. Even if we counted that hour (which we do not, because that should contribute to an hour of Off Queue time in the actual column) we are still 2 hours shy. 

Further, as stated in my original post we have reached out to care who has not helped us or made any progress on the issue after 3 months of troubleshooting. They have repeatedly told us it is working as intended even though we have provided multiple examples of the unavailable time being wrong in the actual shrinkage column. My purpose of this post was to see if there were other users having similar issues.

Aaron Buckley
    Breezeline

• 7.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

GENESYS
    Posted 11-27-2023 00:10

Shrinkage calculation is considering all the agents within the Management Units/Team. Please check the number of agents configured in the Management Unit and the schedule page you are comparing are the same. 

In order to look into the issue we need more information. I would recommend reaching out to Care again to open a support ticket.

Vikas Srivastava
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 11-27-2023 16:15

Our ticket with care is still open. 

And the agents shown above are all the agents in that work team. The work team is what is selected to view shrinkage data, not the Management Unit. 

I am not sure what other information I can provide, and I am not sure how I can make this more clear. The shrinkage report for that work team is showing 3 hours, 39 minutes, and 50 seconds of unavailable time. When sorting through all of the agents in the work team for that day we are finding only approximately 25 minutes of unavailable time. Our issue lies entirely with the actual shrinkage column, not the scheduled shrinkage. And it deals with the discrepancy being so large. If this was a matter of minutes we could argue it was a rounding error but this is a matter of hours.

Aaron Buckley
    Breezeline

• 9.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

GENESYS
    Posted 11-28-2023 07:45
    Edited by System 01-26-2024 19:28

Hi Aaron,

Since presences of Away, Idle, and Offline map to Unavailable perhaps there are agents not scheduled that are in these presences and helping drive up Unavailable actuals.

We won't be able to do proper troubleshooting here though - e.g., pulling information. I would recommend pursuing an escalation of the Care ticket if you have not already done so. You can send me the existing Care ticket # and while I do not have access to Care tickets I can see if I can help with the escalation request.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/contact-genesys-cloud-care/ (also has a link to https://support.genesys.com/-How-To-/Genesys-Care/2524523341/Case-Escalation-Management-Process.htm)

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 10.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 11-28-2023 08:55

Hi Jay, 

We would appreciate your help in getting this escalated and hopefully fixed. All of the agents in the work team are scheduled in WFM. Our ticket number is 0003353646 for reference.

Aaron Buckley
    Breezeline

• 11.  RE: Shrinkage Discrepancies

Posted 03-04-2024 10:45

Hi Aaron, 

I've had a similar scenario but instead of Unavailable this mysterious time gets added to actual Shrinkage of meal time. Again like you said it pops up randomly so I am also not able to track it either. I've also raised a ticket with the support team after seeing that it was not possible for you to find a solution yourself. For the "Special project" 1hr, does it show up in "Off Queue" actual shrinkage for you? Asking cuz I've a similar scenario in my case as well. It's throwing off my actual shrinkage numbers so wanted to know if it's a similar thing with you. I suspect like in my case it might be considering unavailable hours outside the shift as well. Quick test for me was [Actual on Q time] + [Actual Shrinkage] > [Scheduled on Q time] +[Scheduled shrinkage]. Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Ashirbad

IG

Ashirbad Meher
    IG Index Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources