PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

SIP certificate login

• 1.  SIP certificate login

Posted 07-31-2022 23:36
    What causes this during provisioning, and what should I put in there?  Sometimes it works with my credentials, and other times it doesn't

I notice that in tC:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates that the client cert folder is missing on systems that do this.  

Though we used to be able to just put them as workgroup, but now calls are not connecting that way either anymore, so it is making it hard for us to run our call center.

So far, I have had to give SIP 2 starts out of 10.
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Jon Mercer

• 2.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 01:19
    Dear Jon,

This is because the agents PC doesnt have access to those folders. We also experience this with our client to fix this we gave access for each of the pc to that folder.

If you check the sipsoftphone logs you will see lots of certificate issue like no access. Below is the fixed for it.

The station should be added as the domain user.

Also after that you need to make sure that it the station has the rights to modify the folder.

That should solved the issue. At 1st it will still required the username and password and after that it will be automatic once they run the SIP Softphone

regards
    Dan

Dan Kenneth Sta Iglesa
    Perfect Presentation Telecommunication

• 3.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 01:29
    I tried that, and with the domain user having everything but full control, and all control, and other times that has fixed this, but not this time.  The logs have all sorts of authentication errors with the DC and other things.  This is the latest logs from interactiondesktop.ininlog

Jon Mercer

• 4.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 01:34
    Dear Jon,

How about the Sipsoftphone logs? make sure its at notes. And also get a screenshot of certificates folder.

regards

Dan Kenneth Sta Iglesa

• 5.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 01:51
    Edited by Jon Mercer 08-01-2022 02:02
    The certificate folder:

The softphone logs with the notes logging (61):
    It still gives the host not found.  Attached would be the ininlog file, but it isn't supported here.

It still shows the host server error after thinking for a bit.
    Jon Mercer

• 6.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 02:00
    Dear Jon,

One last thing kindly check the hostfile of that pc and make sure its properly configured. All entries IP, hostname and FQDN of the CIC server is set there..

If not you must check the ports related to provisioning. But check 1st the host file

regards

Dan Kenneth Sta Iglesa

• 7.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 02:07
    You will have to help me on that one, were is the host file located at?

Jon Mercer

• 8.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 02:12
    Hi Jon,

Host file is in C drive. And you will need to open it with notepad.

Copy it to the desktop and edit from there. 

Regards

Dan Kenneth Sta Iglesa

• 9.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 02:18
    If you mean the one at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc it is empty outside of the information and examples, though mine which is on a system that everything works fine, is empty also.  I can add all the information, but it doesn't look like it should be needed.

I need to get some information for it though, and that won't be happening till tomorrow.  It is getting close to midnight here.

Jon Mercer

• 10.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 08:56
    Edited by Scott Williams 08-01-2022 08:57
    Hi Jon,

Instead of Domain users for the Certification folder, try authenticated user on the XML File. Domain users never worked for us so Support told us to use Authenticated user.

we remotely run  a script this script to change the permissions, you will want to put in the IP and the XML file name.
    icacls "\\<IP Of Laptop>\c$\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates\<Name of XML file>" /grant:r "Authenticated users":M

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 11.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 11:38
    Edited by Jon Mercer 08-01-2022 11:47
    How much permission do you give the authenticated user?  Is it the default, or did you add just modify, or give it full control of the XML file?

Just to ask, is there something stored on the server when a SIP phone is set up?  This was one of a couple systems that are having issues with provisioning, and all but one had just been reimaged, but given the same computer name.

One of them (mine) gives an error unless I load SIP and Interaction Desktop as administrator, even if I give it more permissions to the XML file.  It for some reason is loading certificates for both of our CIC servers under SIP devices, which is why I am wondering if something is stored for that computer name.

Jon Mercer

• 12.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 11:51

Our scripts gives it Modify rights which is all i think it needs, but due to other security permissions we have all the following permissions checked for Authenticated Users:

Modify
    Read & Execute
    Read
    Write

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 13.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-01-2022 11:54
    Edited by Jon Mercer 08-01-2022 11:55
    Thanks, will give that a try.

Doesn't say much about the application if it requires this much security hacking to get it to work.

Jon Mercer

• 14.  RE: SIP certificate login

Posted 08-02-2022 13:26
    Just for an update.  I have tried this on two systems.  The first one it seems to have fixed the issue. The second it worked when linked to our guest wifi, and then going through the company software VPN.  User took their system home, and having them test there.  It is Xfinity, so if it doesn't work, it could be them, because well it is Xfinity.

Jon Mercer

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources