PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SIP Soft Phone Provisioning Wizard/Create Certificate

Posted 10-19-2022 18:14
    We have an issue where some new hires computers will prompt for I3 credentials when provisioning their SIP Soft Phone. This doesn't happen all the time, but has been happening to everyone this week. I am sure the issue lies somewhere with the image on the computer, but that is a different issue itself. I can enter my I3 credentials on this screen (I'm in the Administrator role) and it will create the certificates and the SIP Soft Phone provisions.

In the interest of not having 50 tickets a day on this issue, I would like to add permissions to a user role which will allow the user to enter their own I3 credentials to create the certificates, but I haven't been able to find the correct combination of permissions. Our Default user already has the "IP Phone Provisioning Administrator" security right, but that alone doesn't seem to allow the user to create the certs. I can't recreate this issue at will, so it is hard to play around with permissions to try to figure it out. The Administrator role works, but we can't give all users the Adminstrator role. I was thinking giving "Administrator Access" rights to "IP Phones" or "Stations" might work. (See attached Screenshots)

Do anybody have any insight into this or know why this "Create Certificate" window prompting for credentials shows up?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SIP/VolP
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum

• 2.  RE: SIP Soft Phone Provisioning Wizard/Create Certificate

Posted 10-20-2022 03:11
    This is a common problem. The default directory where the SIP Softphone trys to store the certificates is only admin-writeable.
    You can change the destination path in two ways:
    * Setting the environment variable "ININ_Certificates"
    * Setting the registry keys:
         * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates\Path
         * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates\ICCertificate
         * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates]ICCertificate
    You can goole for these keynames to get more informations.
    See idea COOPLA-I-267

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: SIP Soft Phone Provisioning Wizard/Create Certificate

Posted 10-20-2022 09:43
    Starting with CIC 2021 R1 we have our install package give Read/Write access to C:\Program Files (x86)\Interactive Intelligence\Certificates upon install of ICUserApps because that is when it changed from the users own directory to this location. So the users do have r/w access to store the certificates here which is strange this only some users are prompted for the credentials. I would like to allow the users to just enter their own credentials or create a dummy account for them to use at the "Create Certificate" window that will allow them to do this themselves without my Team having to do a screen share and use our I3 credentials, but I can't seem to find the right combination of permissions/security rights to make this work for Default user or a role.

Michael Bishop
    UnitedHealth Group/Optum

• 4.  RE: SIP Soft Phone Provisioning Wizard/Create Certificate

Posted 10-20-2022 09:54
    This "Create Certificate" error windows is missleading. SIP Softphone always shows this window if something goes wrong, regardless of the real cause.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources