Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  SIP Trunk from a Lancom Router to Genesys Cloud (BYOC)

Posted 5 days ago

Hi Community,

does anyone know if I can setup a trunk between a Lancom Router (with an public IP) and Genesys Cloud?

Right now we have an AudioCodes SBC for the HQ connected, that's OK.

But we don't get a connection with an Lancom Router (public certificate for TLS by Let's Encrypt for testing purposes before I buy an x-time 100€ certificate from DigiCert).

Does anyone has information about the required settings or it's even not possible?

BR, Robert

#Lancom, #BYOC, #SIP, #CallRouting, #VoIP, #TLS

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Robert Herms
    Hotelplan Management AG

• 2.  RE: SIP Trunk from a Lancom Router to Genesys Cloud (BYOC)

Posted 4 days ago

I think it's because Let's Encrypt certificates are not accepted by Genesys Cloud. So you should try to make a call from Lancom to Genesys Cloud, so the TLS is set up from Lancom to Genesys, so only the Genesys Certificate is checked. Next after making a call, goto to the Genesys interaction detail report, and check if the call is listed there. If not, check the Host-part of the URI in your Lancom settings. The Hostpart of the URI (FQDN) is used on the Genesys edge to distribute the incoming call to the correct ORG and trunk.If the call is listed, download the PCAP and analyse it for SIP errors.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 3.  RE: SIP Trunk from a Lancom Router to Genesys Cloud (BYOC)

Posted yesterday

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.

I will check if the Lancom Router will use the trunk even the state is disconnected.

Hostpart of the URI (FQDN) is configured the same way as we have done it with the AudioCodes GW, of course with an unique name.

BR, Robert

Robert Herms
    Hotelplan Management AG

• 4.  RE: SIP Trunk from a Lancom Router to Genesys Cloud (BYOC)

Posted 6 hours ago

Just for information: Genesys Cloud is not sending KEEP-ALIVES for checking if the trunk is up or down.
    So Genesys always think the trunk is up, and tries to place the call there. Only if the counterpart (SBC) is activly refusing the connection or runs in a timeout, the call tries the next SIP trunk in the list.
    Next call plays the same game.
    But Genesys hardly checks the certificate of the counterpart SBC. It MUST include the correct FQDN as you entered in your Genesys SIP Trunk configuration, and it must issued from a CA listed in the Genesys documentation.

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources