Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Skills vs Languages priority in Genesys Queues with stars

Posted 05-31-2023 11:54
    Edited by Sheila Lyons 05-31-2023 12:09

#LanguageSkills #Priority#InboundInteraction#Priority#In-Queue#Priority
    We have added Skills, English and Spanish. We are trying to have the Spanish skill interactions set to a higher priority than other interactions that have been sitting in the queue waiting for an agent to pick the interaction up. 

Skills are currently configured by State for the agents with stars along  with Spanish and English skills also set with stars

What we are trying to resolve is that when there are several interactions that have been sitting in the queue for 24 or 48 hours, the priority of the English Skill and  States become a higher priority, so the agent with the Spanish speaking skill is receiving other interactions before the Spanish interaction comes through. 

Should we be using Languages vs Skills added to the user(s)? We want the agents with Spanish-speaking skill to go on queue and receive the Spanish-speaking cases before any other case interactions come through to them. 

#Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Sheila Lyons
    Eccentex Corporation

• 2.  RE: Skills vs Languages priority in Genesys Queues with stars
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 06-01-2023 05:30

Hi Sheila

I'm not sure I've exactly followed your requirement but a few things:

• Skill proficiency (stars) as you say are set on the agent and control which agent gets an interaction when there are multiple agents waiting (if using Best Available Skills as the evaluation method).  In interaction surplus (interactions queueing) scenarios, proficiencies aren't used.
    • In interaction surplus, Skills can be used to filter the interactions that an agent can be assigned.  Sounds like your Spanish agents might also be skilled for English as well though, hence them getting English-skilled interactions?
    • Interactions can be given higher/lower relative priorities by setting the Priority in a flow or in-queue flow e.g. 'make Spanish-skilled interactions higher priority after 1 hour of waiting' https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-priority-action/ 

I think between those things your requirement should be supported, but as I say I may not have understood it correctly?

David Farrell
    Genesys - EmployeesDavid Farrell
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Skills vs Languages priority in Genesys Queues with stars

Posted 06-01-2023 12:50

@Sheila Lyons

As @David Farrell  said, Genesys Cloud does not consider Proficiency when selecting an interaction for an agent that becomes available (when there are multiple interactions waiting.) Basically, it's the interaction that's been waiting the longest (with an Priority applied as an offset) amongst all of the interactions the Agent is eligible to receive (i.e. in a queue they are active in and have the necessary skills, at any proficiency.)

IMHO this is a failing in Genesys Cloud, and is part of the ACD engine that needs to be brought over from PureConnect (which did do this.) I have added an idea which you might want to upvote (https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CERTNG-I-1754)

Also, when researching this, I saw a few ideas that suggest that Language Skills are not "Proficiency Aware", some of those are listed as having been released, but not all, so I'm still trying to figure out of Language Proficiency is actually considered.

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 4.  RE: Skills vs Languages priority in Genesys Queues with stars

Posted 06-01-2023 14:45

@David Farrell @Paul Simpson I want to thank you both for your insight and assistance. I appreciate you both taking the time to write back to me. 

Sheila Lyons
    Sales Coordinator
    Eccentex Corporation

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources