Genesys Cloud - Beta HQ

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

• 1.  Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 12-28-2023 15:32

When we are looking at the Time Off Requests, how can we tell what time off request is associated with what Staffing Group?  I don't see the option to add that column to the Time Off Request view nor to I see the option to filter the list by the Staffing Groups. 

#BetaUpdate
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Posted 12-29-2023 09:45

Hi Gina,

In The View "Time-Off Request" you can use the filters only- Pendent, Date/Time request send and/or Management Unit.

Att,

Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco

• 3.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 12-29-2023 11:09

Hi @Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco - I agree that there are many ways to filter the Time Off Request view but I don't see that there has been anything done to allow us to view requests based on the new Staffing Group configuration.  I'm assuming I must be missing something because without being able to view what requests are associated with what staffing group, the whole Staffing Group thing is impossible for me to really test and unusable.  What am I missing?

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Posted 12-29-2023 13:28

Hi @Gina Palmer,

Yeah, I think that the more options the better.
    I try to use users/teams distributed in the Management Unit, for Example: Team Julia, Team John, Team Paul, I can create one Management Unit per "Team" and I have a better view of the schedule, time-off request, reports Workforce management, etc. But there are observations in everything. We can create max 10 management Unit per Business Unit. so... If I need to create +10 teams, I have a problem.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/work-management-units/

Att,

• 5.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 12-29-2023 22:11

@Breno Canyggia Ferreira Marreco I agree that multiple management units is currently the simplest way to break out staffing groups for time off purposes but the problem with that is you limit the Shift Trade functionality.  Shift Trades can only occur within a single MU.  If I had an MU for AM, one for Midday, and one for PM, none of the agents would be able to trade shifts with each other via Genesys.  It is a lot of work to manually manage and approve shift trades.  We were told when we migrated to Genesys Cloud in April that the the staffing group functionality was coming imminently.  With that information, we opted to build out business with the MUs based on type of work so we could use the Shift Trade functionality and manually handle the Time Off portion until the Staffing Groups came.  Now the Staffing Groups are here and I am very excited but I can't use the Staffing Groups if I can't see the time off requests based on the Staffing Groups.  

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Posted 01-03-2024 08:01

@Gina Palmer You're right. This is a complex situation but common in contact centers. 
    I guess that @Tracy Vickers we can help with information.

Att,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 7.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2024 15:09
    Edited by Damaris Scott 01-03-2024 15:09

Hi all,

You are correct, there is no way to see the staffing group on the time off request screen. I discussed with our developers today and we put together a requirement to add the staffing group filter to multiple screens. TOR and Schedule for example. I'll start the chartering process, these should not be huge efforts. One of our testers already submitted an AHA: https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WETOM-I-100. Please vote on it at your earliest convenience.

Also, please feel free to add comments and if you would like to see a Staffing Group filter on any other screen as well. :) 

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Posted 01-03-2024 15:24

Hi Damaris, thank you, I added my vote. This idea is necessary.

Att,

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brenocfm-40b62182/

• 9.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-04-2024 11:19

I keep trying to access this AHA and I keep getting a message stating I do not have permission to view it.  

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 10.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-23-2024 15:53

@Damaris Scott Is there any update on when these features might be added so the Staffing Groups are usable?  As it stand now, they are not usable.  I am not able to vote for the idea as the link is either no good or I do not have permission to access it, as I get an error every time I try. 

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 11.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

GENESYS
    Posted 01-25-2024 10:00

Hi Gina, 

We had a couple of people vote on it. Were you able to log into the idea portal before and now it stopped working? I'll find out what the process is that can help with access.

As for when the newer ideas for Staffing Groups will be available in the product, we don't have a timeframe yet. But, many of them are smaller changes. I've already started creating the requirements.

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 01-25-2024 10:18

I was finally able to get to it by going into the idea portal and searching specifically for WETOM-I-100.  The link doesn't work for me.  I have added my vote. 

Gina Palmer
    Papa, Inc.

• 13.  RE: Staffing Group Beta - How to See staffing group ingo on Time Off Requests View

Posted 03-14-2024 18:22

I am seeing quite a few posts about this but do we know about a release date for the staffing groups?

Melissa Palmer
    Cox Automotive Corporate Services, LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources