Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 09-16-2022 03:19
    I want to be able to Start a participant recording - capture the customer saying something - Stop the participant recording within an IVR in architect.
    At the moment I do not have a way of doing this (without hanging up the call)

From there I with the retrieve the recording via /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}/recordings and perform additional functions with the recording URL.

Is is possible to stop a recording within an IVR ?
    If so is it possible to get access to the recording whilst the interaction is in progress ?
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

• 2.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 09-17-2022 23:14
    Best way to do that would be to move the call into a secure flow which will not record any of the customer inc DTMF inputs.

Lawrence Drayton
    Superloop

• 3.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 09-18-2022 19:10
    Hey Lawrence, 
    Yeah I already tried Transfer to Secure Flow.  It does not appear to stop the recording - it appears to do just do a secure pause as the interaction recording after the call has ended goes for the duration of the interaction.  I also need access to the recording whilst the interaction is in progress.

I have managed to get it it work splitting the IVR into two applications, collecting the recording in app 1 and with a mixture of Release Link Transfer and parsing information to Leg-C (app 2) using the UUI headers - but surely there is a better way.

Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

• 4.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2022 07:23
    Hi Daniel,
    Policy-based recordings are only available post-call, and won't be available while call is in progress.  A relevant feature for you may be AudioHook Monitor where you can stream call audio to third-party services.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 5.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 10-10-2022 20:54
    Hey Daniel, 

Yes I can see this being a potential solution, does enabling AudioHook also then enable transcripts?
    I am trying to keep it in a secure flow due to the nature of the flow so for now I think the external transfer out an back in to cut the recording and give us access to it will do for now.
    Do you know if there is an API that can be called to delete the recording from GC ?

Daniel

Daniel Buxton
    Acquire BPO

• 6.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 10-11-2022 21:47
    To answer your question, AudioHook requires you to enable transcription: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/audiohook-monitor-overview/.

With Secure Flow, the customer-side audio is muted in the recording.  I believe you also get the same mute/silence in transcription which means you get the mute in AudioHook as well. (Something I would encourage you doing a quick test to verify.)  If you must keep that portion of the call in a Secure Flow, it seems your described telephony-based way is the only workaround.  But mind you, depending on your use case, you should be mindful of PCI compliance.  I would be quite weary if you end up recording any sensitive authentication data (SAD) in Genesys Cloud through this process, even if you plan to delete the recording afterwards.

For recording deletion, you can use PUT recording API, by setting the delete date to now.

Daniel Ho
    Product Line Manager – Recording and Quality Management, Genesys Cloud
    Workforce Engagement Management (WEM)

• 7.  RE: Stop Partipant Recording within Self-Service IVR

Posted 09-20-2022 04:14
    We set our recording policy based on wrap codes, maybe send to a flow that has a specific wrap code and then transfer back..I am not 100% sure if this will work

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources