Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Switching to Dialogflow CX with ~5 sec delay

Posted 08-10-2022 12:37
    Hi all, I'm developing Dialogflow CX integration and noticed that from calling Call Dialogflow CX Bot action till prompt in bot is heard it takes about 5 seconds, which is kind of long. I've got both my Genesys and CX project in USA locations, so I believe this should not take that long.
    Did anyone came upon such behavior? Also I was told that using Google TTS for initial entry fulfilments might cause some delays, but I'm using pre-recorded Genesys prompts so that's not the case.
    Thanks in advance.
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)

------------------------------
    Lukasz Zwierko
    DAMOVO POLSKA SP Z O O

• 2.  RE: Switching to Dialogflow CX with ~5 sec delay

GENESYS
    Posted 09-07-2022 09:07
    Hey Lukasz,

Two Pro Services Principal Consultants, or also known as our very own
     "Above Average Joes," were on the Q&A Show this week and tackled some community questions ranging the gamut of topics including, but yours was one of them! Check out the minute markers below and hope you enjoy the episode:

2:38 - In- Queue Email Flow Triggers
    9:20 - Searching Outbound Email Interactions
    15:25 - Tagging Callback Interactions
    19:39 - Busy Fax Signal
    26:21 - Dialogflow Delays
    29:53 - Recall Attempts
    33:13 - Call Recording Policy
    39:22 - Schedule Callbacks
    42:40 - Custom Contactable Time Sets

We also highlight a new website revamp that, if you leave your valuable feedback, could score you a prize from our amazing Prize Wall! 

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

• 3.  RE: Switching to Dialogflow CX with ~5 sec delay

Posted 01-30-2024 08:18
    Edited by Nuttakorn Mungkalakiri 01-30-2024 08:18

Hi Lukasz Zwierko,

I haven't been able to find any relevant solutions to this issue. I'm experiencing the same problem with Dialogflow CX, but not with ES. It seems likely to be a system issue or a delay, but unfortunately we can't troubleshoot it ourselves without the logs mentioned in the video. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else discussing this in the forums.

Did you find an answer to your question?

Thanks!

Nuttakorn Mungkalakiri
    NTT (Thailand) Limited

• 4.  RE: Switching to Dialogflow CX with ~5 sec delay

Posted 01-30-2024 08:41

So in my case, I've also discovered that this delay was not only when switching to CX but also when transferring between Genesys inbound flows. I've measured that it was approximately 5s each time. To prove there is an issue I've made tests on 2 other Genesys instances - one on Frankfurt AWS and another one on USA AWS, same as the one I have had trouble with. On both of them there was no such delay.

With all this evidence I've oopened a support ticket and of course support did not find anything wrong... but just one morning a couple days later everything was fine, and the problem disappeared, lol. Of course support did not admit doing anything. Must be me just imagining things ;)

So, it's just my guess, but I believe that probably there was some sort of misconfiguration of the infrastructure my instance was run on, and they've moved it / restarted or whatever. Yea, I know it's "in the cloud" and should just work, but in the end it's just software, and I saw myself few times, in this case not on AWS but Azure, that strange poblems magically disappeared after removing objects and redeploying them, so there's that.

So If you have an access to a different Genesys instance I recommend checking and comparing results. The easiest way to measure switching time quite accurately is to play recording on flow start, then switch to CX and also play recording immediately. Then you can  clearly see in the conversation recording in Genesys what is the gap between end of sound in Genesys and start of sound from CX.

Hope that's of any use to you,

Łukasz

Lukasz Zwierko
    DAMOVO POLSKA SP Z O O

• 5.  RE: Switching to Dialogflow CX with ~5 sec delay

Posted 01-30-2024 21:54

I appreciate your helpful response.

It gave me a great idea to test the Genesys Org with the same location in GCP.

Nuttakorn Mungkalakiri
    NTT (Thailand) Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources