Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Teams call transfers not working

Posted 19 days ago

Hello, 

Thanks in advance for any support or guidance you may offer here. 

My team is trying to setup MS Teams app in Genesys for transferring calls to Teams users. 

We have followed all installation guides. We setup SBC in and Azure app, installed Teams app in Genesys and a setup SCIM attributes as instructed. We are able to see presence.

We have 2 issues that we can't find the answers for:

1. We can only see Teams presence for users who have a GC profile. Do we need to add all MS Teams into Genesys in order to see them?

2. We cannot transfer a call to the SBC. It returns a fast busy. Does anyone know how to point Genesys to use the MS SBC for Teams Transfers? How do you set up a dialing plan for a generic Teams user without a DID?

#API/Integrations
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Jared McDuff
    ASHN

• 2.  RE: Teams call transfers not working
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 19 days ago

Hello Jared, 

I have some docs that might be helpful with your issues. 

1. Currently, phone is the only way to engage an MS Teams user from Genesys Cloud. This means that what you are seeing is expected. So in around about way Yes, all MS teams members will have to be provisioned in GC to see them. You can review more info here and here

1. I believe this needs to be configured on the Azure side if you have followed this documentation step by step. "A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) trunk to Teams Direct Routing via Session Border Controller (SBC). For more information, see the Microsoft Plan Direct Routing article. Configurations for SIP and SBC architecture are complex and customized to your requirements."

Cameron Tomlin
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees
    DenverCO

• 3.  RE: Teams call transfers not working

Posted 18 days ago

Thank you Cameron!

You answered my primary questions here. All will need a DID in Teams, and anyone who needs to be transferred will need to be in GC. 

The links you provided are exactly what we used for the integration, but they were not clear on the above. 

Thanks again for your response.

Jared McDuff
    American Specialty Health

• 4.  RE: Teams call transfers not working

GENESYS
    Posted 17 days ago

Hello Jared,

You may find this article helpful: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-the-unified-communication-tools-integrations/.  It is meant to be an overview of how a UC Integration can be setup in Genesys Cloud.  Also, we recently published an MS Teams Integration FAQ page here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq_categories/unified-communication-tools/.  I hope you find them helpful and your feedback is valuable to us.

Grateful you are our customer,

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Teams call transfers not working

Posted 10 days ago

Thank you Jason, we hit a stall but I will look through your links and report back.

Jared McDuff
    American Specialty Health

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources