Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Teams integration - multi tenant??

• 1.  Teams integration - multi tenant??

Posted 02-21-2023 22:37

Hi there

Is it possible to have the Teams integration for presence etc work across multiple tenants?  ie if we provision users via SCIM from say 3 Azure tenants, can an agent with the Teams integration license be presented with the presence of Teams users across all 3 domains?  Or does the integration and graph api stuff only work for the user's own domain/tenant?

#Integrations
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Vaun McCarthy

• 2.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

Posted 02-21-2023 22:58

I don't see why not since Genesys is pulling from the instance.  I know you can setup multiple SCIM sessions on Genesys as well. Perhaps @trey buck might have a better answer.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

GENESYS
    Posted 02-24-2023 16:40

@Jason Wolfgang is the expert these days and should know the answer for sure.

Trey Buck
    Genesys - Employees
    Senior Product Manager

• 4.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

GENESYS
    Posted 02-27-2023 11:41

Hello everyone,

You can import SCIM users from multiple Azure tenants into a single Genesys Cloud organization.  Something to keep in mind as you design your solution, a GC user can only be logged into one Teams account at a time.  So, it is recommended that you configure your divisions in GC as such that your agent's only see SCIM users that their associated Teams account is authorized to see.  Else, the GC agent will only see the Teams badge and no presence will return for the SCIM user.

Regards,

Jason Wolfgang

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

Posted 02-27-2023 13:35
    Thanks Jason

What we're hoping for is for a user to see Teams presence for all SCIM Teams users, across domains.  What controls this level of permission?  I assume it's some graph API restriction?

• 6.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

GENESYS
    Posted 02-27-2023 16:12

It is a Graph API restriction.  Similar to the GC public API requiring the context of an organization id, the Microsoft Graph API works within the context of an Azure tenant.  So, if an agent logs into their Teams account and not all of the SCIM users are associated to the Azure/Teams tenant that the agent logged in with to the GC/Teams integration, the Teams presence will only display for the SCIM users originating from the Azure/Teams tenant the agent logged in with.

I believe you could experiment by adding external users to one of your Azure tenants.  Docs here.  You could potentially use this as a way to open up the Graph API to allow the presence for all our SCIM users to flow through a single Teams login for your agents.

Jason Wolfgang

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

Posted 03-08-2023 11:48

Hello @Jason Wolfgang 

I am writing to inquire about the syncing of Teams status without the call transfer option. Specifically, I am wondering whether we need only an SCIM integration and a Teams license or also SBC and a SIP trunk.  If we want to see the status sync, do we need to add the Genesys Cloud for Teams app in our Azure environment ?

Additionally, I am curious to know if it is possible to view people's statuses in Teams at any time or only when we want to make a transfer.

Thank you for your help with this matter. I look forward to your response.

Ismail

Ismail Zniber
    Mentat Conseil SAS

• 8.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

GENESYS
    Posted 03-08-2023 12:40
      |   view attached

Hello @Ismail Zniber , the Teams presence integration is completely de-coupled from the telephony integration.  You'd want the Genesys Cloud for Azure app installed in your Azure tenant for SCIM user provisioning.  You'd also want the Genesys Cloud for Teams azure app to properly authorize the necessary graph api permissions to retrieve presence.  

Regarding viewing Teams presence in more places than just the call transfer, we have an open beta for that right now.  You can coordinate with your Account Manager or Solution Consultant to join.  They can reach out to me directly.  Attached is an overview of that beta.

Regards,

Jason Wolfgang

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

Posted 03-10-2023 07:30

Hello @Jason Wolfgang

I appreciate the time and effort you took to help me out with my queries. 

Additionally, I wanted to inquire if the synchronization of status is compatible with the Salesforce connector ?

Regards,

Ismail

Ismail Zniber
    Mentat Conseil SAS

• 10.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

GENESYS
    Posted 03-10-2023 08:17

You're welcome, @Ismail Zniber .  Teams presence displaying in the GC Embedded client is currently not supported.  To achieve this today, you'd need to leverage Microsoft PowerAutomate to subscribe to Teams presence events (details here) and leverage the GC Public API to update the corresponding user's presence.

To achieve presence updates in the opposite direction, you could leverage this blueprint to send presence updates back to MS Teams.

Jason Wolfgang

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

Posted 03-23-2023 11:47

Hi Jason,

Great feedback. Feedback from the team is however 

• You can link multiple M365 tenants into 1 Genesys org (using SCIM) BUT the SSO mechanism from Genesys Org can only point to 1 M365 tenant, so authentication can only point to 1 tenant.

Or do you see a solution for this where every user uses SSO against there (imported from) tenant ?

Stefaan

Stefaan Bogaert
    NTT Belgium NV/SA

• 12.  RE: Teams integration - multi tenant??

GENESYS
    Posted 03-24-2023 11:40

Hello @Stefaan Bogaert , everything you have said about ActiveDirectory SSO is correct.  The only solution I could see would be federation on the Active Directory side of the equation.  Here's a link to a potential solution from Microsoft documentation.

Regards,

Jason Wolfgang

Jason Wolfgang
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources