Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Time Off Extra Hours

Posted 08-16-2022 07:58
    No replies, thread closed.
    Good morning

Time off plans are done at the management level.  Where can I see agent individual timeoff ?  In Nokia we have "carryover" vacation from year to year so individuals actual timeoff would differ.  In engage we would we would see total timeoff as per plan and then what they carried over from the previous year.  Also if there was a discrepency we would be able to add "bonus" hours.  Is this something that can be done in Cloud as well?  As an example.

Agent 1 - get 208 hours a year per the workplan at the management unit level
    Agent 1 - only uses 108 hours that year
    Agent 1 would then have 308 hours to use this year

Thanks
    #WorkforceManagement

------------------------------
    Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 2.  RE: Time Off Extra Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 08-17-2022 09:32
      |   view attached

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your question. Today, individual agent balances are not available in Genesys Cloud for time-off management. But, we have a feature that is currently in Beta called the HRIS Integration for WFM Time-Off balances. With this feature, a customers/partners can integrate their HR systems to the Genesys Cloud WFM to view balances and also setup rules auto-approve time-off requests using the balances on the HR system.

Additional details about this Beta are attached. Please reach out to your CSM if you would like to participate in this Beta. :)

Aha! Idea for this feature - https://genesyscloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WEM-I-577

Hope this helps! 

Best regards,

Sanjana

Sanjana Seetharam
    Senior Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Time Off Extra Hours

Posted 08-17-2022 11:26
    Thank you Sanjana.  This is definitely not anything the Team leads will like.  They currently use Engage to really track all vacation balances etc.

I am assuming we can enter more than 1 timeoff plan per management unit?  Currently agents receive timeoff based on length of service therefore there are multiple.  How do we assign the timeoff plan to each individual?  In the case of carryover will the TLs need to track this on a separate sheet etc.?  In the case for example where an agent has a plan of 208 but in reality has 300+ hours can they continue to request timeoff even if the system is configured for a certain amount of time?  Currently in engage we cannot - agent must have allotted hours before they can take them.  Is there away around this?  I must say very disappointing as I know how much the TLs rely on WFM to track vacation.

I will reach out to CSM to be included in beta if possible.

Any further light you can shed would be most appreciated.

thank you
    Shirley

Shirley Harbers
    Alcatel-Lucent USA Inc.

• 4.  RE: Time Off Extra Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 08-18-2022 08:06
    HRIS systems have the ability to define accrual rules, carryover rules, caps per time off types, etc. WFM systems implementing HRIS like functionality means that a company now has to manage HRIS and WFM for what is essentially duplicate config/data and of course the very real possibility they are not completely in sync. The approach we are taking is to have HRIS system be the source of truth. HRIS systems are ubiquitous.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources