Workforce Engagement Management

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

Posted 10 days ago

Good Morning,

With the recent release of staffing groups we now are able to implement the time off manager functionality in our department.  During our testing we are noticing that when an agent submits a time off requests that falls outside of their shift (complete or partially) the system auto approves some and denies other with a message stating the hours requested is outside of their scheduled shift.  Is anyone else having this issue or have you found a workaround?  We would love to use the auto-approve functionality but have concerns about outside of shift requests being approved. 

#WorkforceManagement
    #TimeOff/HRIS

------------------------------
    Pablo Flores
    Sr WFM Manager
    Security Service Federal Credit Union

• 2.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

Hi Pablo,

I'm checking with the team and will get back to you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Gina Palmer 9 days ago

We have found that Genesys will approve time-off requests on days an agent is schedule to work but with hours outside of an agents shift.  The agents workplan includes that day so Genesys will take it.  And if the time they are requesting does not currently have any work hours assigned to it, it is considered 0 hours and there are always 0 hours available so it will approve.

The times we have seen where the Genesys leaves the request as "Pending - Invalid Duration" has been when an agent requests time on a day that is not part of their current workplan, be it an assigned day or an optional day.  I just saw one of these today, as we just completed a mini-bid and this agent has already requested a day off in accordance with their new shift but their workplan has not yet been updated.  They asked for a Thursday, which they do not currently work and Thursday is not clicked on the workplan as an optional day so Genesys knew not to accept that request, but if it is a day where the agent could possibly work, it will take it.

Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 4.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

GENESYS
    Posted 9 days ago

Hi Pablo,

I double-checked with the team and nothing should have changed with the status. I tested it, and it looks like the behavior is the same as it was before. Are you noticing a behavior that is different than before Staffing Groups was released?

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

Posted 9 days ago

Hello Damaris,

This is the first time we are using the time off manager functionality as we were waiting for the staffing groups so that we could split the hours allotments across multiple MUs in our BU.  We are currently doing testing before releasing to our department and noticed that behavior. I did see Gina Palmer's response above and it is the same issue she is noticing.   I am assuming that might just be the way the system works, we will still implement it but might go with manual approvals to ensure time off requests are entered properly. 

Pablo Flores
    Sr WFM Manager
    Security Service Federal Credit Union

• 6.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

Posted 9 days ago

We have the same issue as @Gina Palmer mentioned. I thought Gen used to give Pending- Invalid for any request made outside of work plans, but it in fact only does that on days that are outside of the work plan. These 0-hour approvals create a lot of confusion. Was there a change a few months ago @Damaris Scott?

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 7.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

GENESYS
    Posted 8 days ago

Hi Shannon,

I confirmed with the team that there were no changes to the status within the last few months. They just released Staffing Groups, but that did not include status updates.

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Time off manager- Auto approvals outside of an agents shift

Posted 8 days ago

Thanks Damaris, do they think that it's working as designed by approving requests made outside of workplans instead of throwing the invalid error? 

Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources