Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Time Off Requests

Posted 4 days ago

Can anyone tell me how far back Genesys Cloud will keep a Time Off Request on the system.  I don't see a limitation in writing, but when trying to look back at requests by month, it looks like it might be 3.5yrs. Can anyone confirm this for me as we have not been using the system long enough to fully test this.

Many thanks, Heather 

#WorkforceManagement
    #TimeOff/HRIS

------------------------------
    Heather Henderson
    Admiral Group Plc

• 2.  RE: Time Off Requests

GENESYS
    Posted 3 days ago

Hi Heather,

We keep time off requests based on quantity. Below are the numbers:

• 50 pending requests
    • 150 approved requests
    • 30 denied requests
    • 20 canceled requests

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-time-off-requests/#:~:text=not%20auto%2Dapproved.-,Limits%20per%20agent,-For%20each%20agent

Damaris Scott
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Time Off Requests

Posted 3 days ago

Understood - thank you! I thought this is what an agent would see of their own requests. So as a planner this is all I will see for each agent too?

Technically, depending on the agent I could see several years worth of requests for one agent, but potentially much less for another agent who has cancelled and requested more.

Heather Henderson
    Admiral Group Plc

• 4.  RE: Time Off Requests

GENESYS
    Posted 2 days ago

The same limits would be in affect for supervisors/admins/planners looking at time off requests for an agent or agents.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 5.  RE: Time Off Requests

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 23 hours ago

Are there any plans to change this so we can see historical information based on a time range and not quantity?  Or do we need to submit an "Idea"?

For me, I need to be able to access Time Off Request at least 18 month back, regardless of how many there are or who it is for.  

Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

• 6.  RE: Time Off Requests

GENESYS
    Posted 22 hours ago

I am not aware of any plans or ideas related to revision in this area. @Damaris Scott would know better on the PM side.

Practically it is unlikely that you would hit any of those individual limits in the past 18 months for a given user, right? E.g., no one is going to have more than 150 approved time off requests for the past 18-months. The limit is per user per category - one user's approved time off requests don't eat into another user's limit.

For the other lower limited categories, what is the value of keeping more than 30 denied time off requests for an gent? Do you have agents that would have more than 30 denied requests in 18-months? If you do I suspect they'd attrit well before 18-months if they have so many denied time off requests.

HRIS is the better choice of system of record for HR related matters if this is some HR mandated regulation.

Jay Langsford
    VP, R&D

• 7.  RE: Time Off Requests

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 56 minutes ago

It seems improbably but it is possible if we use the Time Off Manager for events other than just Time Off, such as FMLA.  FMLA, especially if they are partial day requests, could easily eat up the 150 approved request bandwidth.  Regular Time Off requests could also eat that time up in 18 mo, depending on how much the min amount of time is that can be requested.  

We prefer to save records for 18 month for historical information when having to address attendance issues that can come up when someone is let go.  It is not that uncommon when someone is being let go for attendance that management asks for a confirmation of a day the agent says was approved. We say 18 mo because it would be extremely rare to have to look back more than 12 mo but 18 months covers it.

Gina Palmer
    Manager, Workforce Management
    Papa, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources