Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 12-16-2022 15:39

Hello,

The transition from Premise to cloud is full of opportunity and challenges!  We are looking for an efficient process to take a complete GCcx configuration from a development environment to UAT and then to Production.  While there are some limited tools such as user & architect import/export, we have yet to find a comprehensive (or something close) tool / utility to accomplish this process.

Is anyone doing this now?  What tools/processes are you using?   Which methodology; separate distinct instances (Orgs), or a Single Org using Divisions (soon "Partitions" expected Q4 2023).

TYIA!

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC
    Senior Contact Center Engineer (Technical Lead)

• 2.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 12-19-2022 08:29
    Hey Pete!

This thread may be of interest to you...

HTH

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 3.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-20-2022 11:18
    Hi Pete,

Genesys has a toolset called CX as Code (https://developer.genesys.cloud/devapps/cx-as-code/) that uses a platform called Terraform to apply a "configuration" to an org.  This toolset is totally built around defining a configuration in a Dev org and then pushing it, via a CI/CD pipeline, to UAT and eventually to Prod.  I will admit that CX as Code can be a little "low level" since it is mostly all command line and config files, but it works really well for this exact use case.  Here's a nice Blueprint article that can help you get started: https://developer.genesys.cloud/blueprints/cx-as-code-cicd-gitactions-blueprint/

If you are instead looking for pre-built tools that offer a UI, then we have a few in the AppFoundry marketplace (https://appfoundry.genesys.com) that offer similar capabilities as CX as Code that are more "user-friendly".  Look under the "Operations" category and you should see a few different vendor's offerings listed there.

Jim Crespino
    Senior Director, Developer Evangelism
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 4.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 12-20-2022 12:09
    Edited by Peter Schroeder 12-20-2022 12:19
    Hi Jim,

Thank You for this information!  This is very helpful, we are also looking at Genesys Cloud Accelerator in the AppFoundry.  I will be meeting with our developers to discuss the options.   As consultants working with Genesys customers to assist in Migration and getting the most out of Genesys Cloud CX platform.  we want to have a very robust solution for this need, as we will be using it frequently!

Again Thank You

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC

• 5.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 01-27-2023 10:54

@Jim Crespino 
    Hello, 

This project lost focus for me, during the holidays, but now back at it.  Shortly after your post, I found the following on the AppFoundry:
    ​Genesys Cloud Ignite™
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/804ff95d-1f04-4c67-8ba2-4a7e9f618a86

Genesys Cloud Accelerator™
    https://appfoundry.genesys.com/filter/genesyscloud/listing/4e51d3ec-6ffa-471c-8ab5-cbadb7032573

On the surface, these looked very interesting, but the information was limited.  I reached out to the AppFoundry to get more info.   I was told that these tools were only for "Partners";  and now they do not appear in the AppFoundry.

I really would have liked to evaluate these tools, before commiting to a project to build this via CX as Code!

Do you have any insight?

Thanks

pete.schroeder@hmcthree.com 

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC
    Senior Contact Center Engineer

• 6.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 12-20-2022 12:15
    Edited by Peter Schroeder 12-20-2022 12:19
    Hi Paul,

Thank You for the link, after seeing it I found several other posts about this topic.   We are exploring : Genesys Cloud Accelerator in the AppFoundry,  if the the functionality is not deep enough or is cost prohibitive, we will likely go the route Jim outlines below using "CX as Code"

On a side note,  miss you at Genesys Beyond, taking a lot of GCcx Classes,  the instructors there are great,  But really enjoyed the classes you presented, always got a lot out your teachings!  Best of luck in the not so new role!!. 

Pete Schroeder
    HMC3 LLC

• 7.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 01-30-2023 08:43
    Hey, Pete!

Thanks for your kind words - it really does mean a lot! I'm sure you are in safe hands, though. I miss presenting, but after over 14 years, it was time for a change...

Paul Simpson
    Eventus Solutions Group

• 8.  RE: Tools to move from Development to UAT to Production?

Posted 02-13-2024 16:38

Hi Pete,

Our organization has just recently moved from PureConnect to Genesys Cloud and have the same question.  Did you team figure out a way to cleanly accomplish?  Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Monica

Monica Williford
    Desert Financial Credit Union

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources