Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  transferType in replace endpoint

Posted 01-17-2024 08:28

Hello,

I made some tests with this API endpoint:
    POST /api/v2/conversations/emails/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId}/replace

I am wondering about the transferType request property. Is there any need or difference when I set this to "Attended" or "Unattended"? I made some testing with replacement of an active participant with another agent or queue but did not see any differences, when I don't set this property or set it to specific value.

I can't find any detailed infos about this in the dev center or somewhere else in the documentation. Maybe someone here has more infos about this?

Thank you and best regards,
    Christian.

#Implementation

------------------------------
    Christian Werner-Berger
    Deutsche Telekom MMS GmbH

• 2.  RE: transferType in replace endpoint

Posted 02-17-2024 23:52

That is a strange one.  The transfer should only allow Blind Transfer, which I would assume is unattended, but recently, Genesys released the feature to allow status of the transfer to the originating agent.  I am guessing that has something to do with that.  Attended should report back the status and Unattended would not.  I am only guessing here, but makes sense to me.  Perhaps @Jody Nabuurs could chime in and correct me?

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 3.  RE: transferType in replace endpoint

GENESYS
    Posted 07-15-2024 10:33

Hello Christian, 

Our dev center documentation has been updated. 

"The type of transfer to perform. Attended, where the initiating agent maintains ownership of the conversation until the intended recipient accepts the transfer, or Unattended, where the initiating agent immediately disconnects. Default is Unattended." 

Dev center doc

Hope this helps!

Cameron Tomlin
    Online Community Manager/Moderator
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources