Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  TTS and Audio Blanks

Posted 19 days ago

Hi all, unsure if this is the right forum, but we purchased enhanced TTS and have started to trial it out to some of our regions.

We want to continue with it, however we are getting some negative reviews regarding the TTS inability to appropriately pause during grammar punctuation with commas and periods.

Spent a good amount of time online and it appears we cannot add audio blanks to our User Prompts, where all our TTS script is written and captured in our Architect flows.

I have figured out a way to manually add in Audio expressions to our Architect Flows (EX.(Append(ToAudioTTS("Hello"), ToAudioBlank(500), ToAudioTTS("Goodbye "))), which works, but this does not work in  Prompts, and will have to replace all our Prompts to support a simple audio blank between sentences.

Now in order to implement enhanced TTS I have to reconfigure our entire architect flows and common modules to move away from the OOTB Audio Prompts and insert Manual Audio Expressions everywhere we want enhanced TTS.

Am I missing something?  This seems to be really difficult and doesn't see worth what we paid for and are considering discontinuing our enhanced TTS upgrade.

Appreciate any guidance you can give me.

Thank you,

Daniel

#ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Daniel Aguilar
    Gates Corporation

• 2.  RE: TTS and Audio Blanks

Posted 4 days ago

Try using multiple commas and/or periods to get the spacing you need.  What voice did you use in the ETTS?   I found the Microsoft handle the pauses better than Google. 

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    ttec Digital
    Sr. Director - Innovation Architects
    Robert.WC@ttecdigital.com
    https://www.ttecDigital.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources