Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Turn off notifications

Posted 08-17-2022 14:14
    Hi,

Funny one for you all!

I have a bunch of users (Desktop App) who want to turn off Desktop alerts / notifications. We don't use Wrap-Up codes and so have the queues configured for mandatory Time-Boxed (with 1 second) so the agent gets the next call. Trouble is, this causes a desktop alert telling them their wrap-up timer has expired.

Now, they went into Preferences and turned off Notifications, but now instead of getting the Toast pop-up, they get a pop-up in the Top Right of the UI.

So, anyone know how to just turn them off? (Or stop it notifying them of Wrap-Up expiry....)

TIA.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface

• 2.  RE: Turn off notifications

Posted 08-22-2022 13:25
    Can't you set ACW to Optional and it will not have a timer?  Also, the new Agent Requested could be used as well.

------------------------------
    Robert Wakefield-Carl
    Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Turn off notifications

Posted 08-24-2022 09:16

Hi, Robert!

Thanks for the response.

The issue is that we don't use wrap-up codes currently for anything. The system was set up before "Agent Requested" was a thing (I notice it still isn't discussed in the online help!). "Optional" is no good because it requires the agent to indicate they are Done, even if they don't select a Wrap-Up code. The system was therefore set up with "Mandatory Time-Boxed" and a timeout of 1 second.

This works, however the agents get an alert to say the timeout has expired.

In the Browser, you can turn off the alerts and all is good. With the App, however (yeah, we use the App) this setting seems to turn off the Desktop Notification (AKA "Toast") but replaces it with a notification in the T-R of the interface (similar behavior to the Browser version with alerts on.)

Now, I could go through all the queues (LOT of queues) and switch them all to "Agent Requested", but was hoping to allow the agents to merely turn off the notification, since the system works as it is now (if it aint broken, don't fix it, right?)

That being said, I read somewhere / was told that "Agent Requested" only works for digital channels, but I just checked it and it also seems to work for Voice, so I may well recommend the change - thanks!

My central question, however, remains. If the user elects to turn of notifications, why doesn't it turn off notifications?

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources