Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Unlocking a call flow properly?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 10 days ago
    Edited by Qan T 10 days ago

Per the instructions below, I opened a locked flow that is on version 1.0 and then saved it again (no changes made to flow). However, it is still showing "locked".

Which option should I select? I want to keep the flow at version 1 and not update it to 2 since there were no changes made to the flow.

Saving a flow locks the configuration and prevents other users from editing it. To keep the flow unlocked, you must check it in.   

1. From the Architect home page, click or hover over the Flows menu and select the desired flow type. 

2. Click the flow you want to open. The flow's configuration page opens. 

3. Click the arrow at the end of the Save menu and select Check in Version [number]. 

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Qan T
    Vibrant Emotional Health

• 2.  RE: Unlocking a call flow properly?
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 10 days ago

Hello Qan,

If you are wanting to go back to the previous version, as no changes were made, you can click the Revert to Version 1.0 in the Save drop down box. 

Please let me know if that's what you are looking for or if I've misunderstood the question.

Garan Weber
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Unlocking a call flow properly?

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Qan T 9 days ago

Hi Garan,

yes that is exactly what I want to accomplish. Keep the flow at ver 1 with no changes and Unlocked. Ty.

- edit- it's unlocked at ver. 1 now :)

Qan T
    Vibrant Emotional Health

• 4.  RE: Unlocking a call flow properly?

Posted 10 days ago

Hi

Save option keeps the flow locked to the user who is working on it. "Check In" releases it.

V1 is published and as you start editing that flow, V2 is created. If you dont (intend to) make any changes to V1 then there is no need to Edit and just Save it - it will create V2 and lock against your name thus you will need to Check In V2 to release it for other users.

Cheers
    Zubair

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources