Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

• 1.  UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2023 09:26
    Edited by Nikhil Ponnam 03-01-2023 09:31

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce the upcoming beta release of new experience to build Genesys Cloud Analytics Dashboards. The feature team is pleased to open applications for Beta candidates. 

This new experience enhances current functionality with powerful features, enabling users to build performance dashboards quickly and easily.

Some of the key features included in this experience are:

• New step-by-step workflow to create dashboard widgets, guiding users with an intuitive workflow to build dashboards.
    • Ability to multi-select the metrics and filters, allowing for quick selection and filtering.
    • Categorization of metrics based on count, percentage, and time, enabling easy and intuitive experience to select the metrics.
    • New warning configuration experience.

This will be the first of many dashboard user experience enhancements to come. We're really excited for the benefits and efficiency gains these enhancements bring to our users.

We request that anyone interested in participating in this beta, register using the form:  Beta Application for Analytics Dashboards

Since this is beta, we strongly recommend the dev or test org to be used for the beta activation to eliminate the risk of impact to the production functionality.

Upon completion of the selection of beta testers, we will reach out to you confirming the feature enablement for you organization.

Thanks!

#BetaAnnouncement
    #NowRecruiting

------------------------------
    Nikhil Ponnam
    Principal Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

• 2.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-09-2023 16:01

Hello everyone,

We are planning to release this beta on March 15. Thanks to all who submitted the organization information to be considered for this beta. We will enable the feature for your organization as soon as its available. 

The beta recruiting is still open and if you are interested in participating in this beta, please sign-up using this form: Beta Application for Analytics Dashboards.

After enabling the feature, we will reach out to you to confirm the enablement.

Please reach out to me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 3.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-15-2023 13:47

Hi @Nikhil Ponnam We are interested in the beta but do not currently have have a test org.  If you enable the beta for an org, can we control the new beta functionality via a new permission for a specific user or will the new functionality automatically take effect for all users?

Derek Cowan
    Intel Corporation

• 4.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2023 14:57

Hello Derek, 

This feature, if enabled, will take effect for all the users with the current dashboard edit permission. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 5.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-27-2023 22:06

Hi @Nikhil Ponnam 

Our client has had to request for the Beta to be turned off due to when choosing multiple media types the metric volumes are being amalgamating as shown below. 

Is this a known issue? Is there something that has been done incorrectly when building the widget? 

Terry Dales
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

• 6.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2023 09:48

Hello everyone,

The beta version of the new experience to build Genesys Cloud Analytics Dashboards is released today and we are excited to enable the beta for most of the organizations who signed up so far. We will continue enabling this beta for the organizations as we receive the sign-ups and confirm the organization details. After the feature is enabled, I will send the confirmation of the enablement for your organization.

The beta recruiting is still open and if you are interested in participating in this beta, please sign-up using this form: Beta Application for Analytics Dashboards.

Also included with this beta that needs a special mention is the ability to drill down to the performance views from the dashboards. This feature allows for launching the performance view with the appropriate filters applied, directly from the metric widget of the dashboard. The drill down capability will be available for the metric widgets configured for Queues, Agents, Wrap-up codes, Flows and Flow Outcomes.

As shown in the example below, if the metric widget is configured to show the queues and their metric with the split filter option selected, users can drill down to the performance views of any of those queues by clicking the queue name. On clicking the queue name, the corresponding performance view will be launched with the same filters from the dashboard applied. 

We'd love to hear your feedback on these features and please let me know if you have any questions about this release.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 7.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-15-2023 14:20

@Nikhil Ponnam - I have requested for this beta to be enabled on our development org and have received no confirmation about that yet. Is this still being worked on?

Vipin Kalra
    Docusign

• 8.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-15-2023 15:09
    Edited by dawn weston 03-15-2023 15:21

Hi @Nikhil Ponnam  i assumed we weren't selected for the beta, and was experiencing an oddity that i submitted a support ticket about. We are seeing that agents listed on our dashboards are no longer in alphabetical order, i cant tell what metric they are being sorted by. However, I just received the email regarding the beta being enabled for us. Is this something beta related? if so would you prefer i cancel the support ticket?

Dawn Weston
    AvalonBay Communities, Inc.

• 9.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-15-2023 16:21

Hi Dawn,

The issue seems to be unrelated to the beta. I think the support ticket needs to be left open. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 10.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-16-2023 00:54

I notice that it opens in Performance Workspace with Today.  I would think that most people would want to show the Current Interval, but I would be happy with either.  

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 11.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-16-2023 00:57

I also notice that it opens with the phone only filter.  I changed to all media and closed the tab then clicked again and it still opened with phone only.  I would prefer the media types you have chosen in the dashboard.

Robert Wakefield-Carl
    TTEC Digital, LLC fka Avtex Solutions, LLC
    Contact Center Innovation Architect
    https://www.Avtex.com
    https://RobertWC.Blogspot.com

• 12.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-16-2023 10:11

Hi Nikhil, 

Sorry to bring up another issue- but when adding a widget to the right hand side, after i add a title and click "add" under "filter by", i only get the option to filter by user, no option to filter/add a queue, as once was there. Was this an intended change?

Dawn Weston

• 13.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2023 10:39

Dawn, the "queue" option for the agent status widget (right hand side widget) will be available if you have another beta enabled. I am not seeing that beta enabled previously for this org, which explains why you are not seeing this option. Did you see that option in a different org or in a demo before?

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 14.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-16-2023 10:51

Ah ok, sorry about that, i could've sworn it was already a feature we were using. When i didn't see it as an option, i checked the help article for "add and edit performance dashboards" and saw that it was listed as a feature there before i asked the question. However, looking back at the help article it literally says at the top " Features coming soon: Queue filter for Configure an Agent Status Widget" - which i completely overlooked! 

Any chance i can join that beta too? :) 

Dawn Weston

• 15.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-20-2023 16:13

Hi Dawn,

We enabled the beta that shows the queue option as filter for agent status widget. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 16.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-20-2023 16:33

Awesome! you rock- thank you!

Dawn Weston

• 17.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-17-2023 06:21

Hi Nikhil

I also was really interested in the queue option as a filter in the agent status widget. My customer was expecting this as part of the Beta, since the video of the demo shows this feature. Is there any chance to join the other Beta, please?

Thank you!

Juan Tami
    Sabio Ibérica, S.A.

• 18.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-20-2023 11:16

Hey all- Just some feedback i've been getting from our agents regarding the dashboard- they are seeing that the scaling of the dashboards is different than before, "everything seems more zoomed in". When they have a conversation open and are also viewing the dashboard, they cant see all of the statistics that they once saw in one view- the "agent states" section is static and then there is a scrollbar at the bottom that makes them scroll over to see the statistics they care about. Which they state is inconvenient and different than it was before. 

Dawn Weston

• 19.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2023 14:08

Dawn, thanks for the feedback. We are looking into these. Can you confirm if are you seeing these issues with the same layout settings as they were prior to the beta enablement? By layout settings, I mean the grid size settings. Thanks!

Nikhil Ponnam

• 20.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-21-2023 14:25

Hey Nikhil,

Yes- same layout settings- I also went in and made a copy of the existing dashboards and modified the layout to see if that would fix the issue and it did not. attached is an example of what they are seeing. i kept the conversation screen open on the left as this is how the agents would normally operate. I'm not sure if it auto scaled before- but from what they are telling me, they used to be able to see the all of the statistics on the screen instead of having to scroll. they are giving feedback that it is too "zoomed in" or the "font is too big".

example of current dashboard

Dawn Weston

• 21.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-21-2023 16:00

Dawn - 

This is an impact of the recent scaling changes to eliminate the text wrapping and truncation as they were causing readability issues in many cases. However, font sizes aren't impacted and remain the same as they did before. The effect of these scaling changes could be that there will be scrolling required due to the need to show content in the same font size without wrapping and truncation.

The dashboard layout can be adjusted appropriately (changing to fewer columns for example) to avoid scrolling but it's not guaranteed that the scrolling will go away in all the cases. Depending on the content (number of widgets, text size etc.) shown on the dashboards, there will be cases where the scrolling is still required. 

Also to note here is that the number of widgets isn't the only factor. Length of text within the widget will also have an effect. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 22.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-22-2023 17:04

Do you know what would max out the size limit? Is it characters? screen resolution etc? 

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 23.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-22-2023 10:08

A note that I found; the current functionality in Dashboards is that when you duplicate a widget you can change EITHER the metrics OR the Filters.  Changing the filters (queue/user/fllow/wrap-up) to a different queue, user etc, it keeps the metrics and options as is.  The only adjustment needed is readding the warnings. 

With the duplicate feature in the beta functionality any changes to the filter (swapping out for a different queue or users) clears out all other fields e.g. metrics and options.  We currently recommend this feature all the time; it would be incredibly inconvenient to try and match the metrics/format of the widgets of other widgets. 

Shelby Cronk
    ConvergeOne, Inc.

• 24.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-22-2023 13:56

@Shelby Cronk thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this and make the necessary changes. I will reach out to you if we have any questions about this.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 25.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-27-2023 18:07
    Edited by Ellen Thompson 03-27-2023 18:48

@Nikhil Ponnam - we have a customer that signed up for this beta but weren't advised that they had been successfully onboarded - which it looks like they have been.  We now have a P1 for them as their existing dashboards have been impacted and showing incorrect data.

Should this beta version impact existing dashboards or should it just provide some enhancements they can use on new dashboards? We have a P1 escalated with Genesys but it would be good to get your thoughts on this, as there was no mention that this beta would impact existing dashboards.

They see all channels showing for queues showing the same data.  They know this is incorrect and only occurred when it seems like the beta was turned on for them.

How can they fix this so that it returns to showing the right results for the different channels for their queues?

Ellen Thompson
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

• 26.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-28-2023 09:29

We are seeing the same thing and have had to create multiple widgets for each channel which makes the dashboard way too busy.  Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Marty Hand
    National Domestic Violence Hotline

• 27.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-28-2023 09:42

Hi Ellen,

This is a known issue, which was reported late last week, and we have the fix ready to go this week. I will confirm as soon as the fix is applied. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 28.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-29-2023 02:20
    Edited by Ellen Thompson 03-29-2023 02:21

Thanks for your reply @Nikhil Ponnam That would be great if you can advise once the fix is applied.

Could you also please advise what the usual process is when you are successfully enrolled into a Beta program?  We found that our customer didn't receive any notification that they had been accepted for this beta, after applying, nor did they get a notification to say it had been applied.

Ellen Thompson
    NTT Australia Pty Ltd.

• 29.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-29-2023 09:47

Hi Ellen, 

Sorry for the confusion on this. The usual process is that we send out the communication after we enable the beta. We send out these communications as soon as possible, often within a day or two after the enablement.  The last communication went out a bit late due to which there's been some confusion. I did send out this clarification to the customer yesterday and please reach out to me in case of any questions.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 30.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-30-2023 09:21

With the update yesterday, the separation by media type appears to be working better. However, the "Longest Wait" metric is not displaying anything when interactions are in queue.  This happens for all media types.  This is obviously a critical metric we want to have visible so an update to the beta code would be appreciated.

Marty

Marty Hand
    National Domestic Violence Hotline

• 31.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-30-2023 10:28

Hello Marty,

Our development team is on top of this and we're building a fix now.  We expect to be able to have this deployed and resolved before the end of next week.  (April 7)

Ryan Legner
    Staff Product Manager, Genesys Cloud CX

• 32.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2023 14:15

Thank you everyone for your participation and feedback. The dashboard build experience and drill-down features have been released and are generally available.

Nikhil Ponnam

• 33.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-23-2023 15:36

Hello Nikhil, how are you?

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask about this, since I'm not even sure this is bug, but it seems to be.

Our customer (with the beta enabled) is reporting an error when selecting some metrics together.

I noticed that 1 of the metrics are related to "Queue numbers", and the other metrics are about "Agent Numbers", and apparently they can't be selected together. Is that right?

I noticed that, when selecting an "Agent metric" (like, let's say: "Idle Agents", or.. "Busy Agents"), the "queue metrics" are disabled (or most of them at least), like "Abandon" or "Offered".... But 3 of the "queue metrics" are not disabled: "Alerting", "Interactions" and "Waiting".

And by selecting any of those 3 metrics along any "Agent metrics", will result in an error on the Widget.

I will provide some images below to help showing the issue:

And then, if you select "agent metrics" along with "queue metrics", like this:

You get this result:

Any ideas if this is a bug? Can I consider this reported here? Or should I report this anywhere else?

Thanks!

Marcello Jabur
    Interaxa Brasil Tecnologia e Informatica Ltda

• 34.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-23-2023 15:56
    Edited by Marcello Jabur 03-23-2023 15:56

Also, just to add more details on why this seems a bug related to the beta.

This does not happen on the old version. It's possible to select the "Interactions" metric along with the "On Queue Agents" metric

And this isn't possible on the beta.

Marcello Jabur

• 35.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-23-2023 16:50

Hi Marcello,

Thanks for reporting this. We'll look into this and get back to you. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 36.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-30-2023 09:30

Hi Nikhil, how are you?

I just noticed that the issue seems to have been fixed.

Can you confirm that?

Is there anywhere that we can check when changes are applied to the current beta version? A release notes with changes or something like that?

Thanks again!

Marcello Jabur

• 37.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 03-30-2023 09:43

Hi Marcello,

Yes we pushed out the fix for this issue yesterday. We typically publish release notes for GA feature releases. Issue fixes for betas or GA features aren't published as part of the release notes. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 38.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 03-30-2023 09:50

Got it!
    Thank you for the fix by the way!

Have a great day!

Marcello Jabur

• 39.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 04-10-2023 06:30

Hi everyone,

@Nikhil Ponnam  we found an issue during the Beta dashboard tests.

The issue is related with the service level widget and warnings. 

If we create warnings in the service level, the % is wrong.

We added the below warnings in the service leval widget:

Once the values are saved, the % looks like 7,100% instead 71%.

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso Fernández
    Open Bank SA

• 40.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 04-10-2023 08:46

@Alfonso FERNANDEZ - thanks for reporting this. We will look into this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 41.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 04-12-2023 10:35

Hi everyone.

@Nikhil Ponnam  We found another issue during the Beta Dashboard tests.

The issue is related with the warnings in some widgets.

If a widget without split the options and adding warnings with different colors is created, when any warning condition apply, the color of the widget is not updated until refresh the window.

For example, if you create the waiting widget and a call is received, the color does not change until you refresh the window in Genesys Cloud.

Warning configuration:

Before Refresh with one call on queue:

After Refresh with one call on queue:

After finish the call:

After Refresh:

Thanks in advance.

Alfonso Fernández
    Open Bank SA

• 42.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 04-17-2023 08:42

Hi @Nikhil Ponnam 

Into the widgets section documentation, it mentions a limit regarding the addition of queues into the filter: 
    Note: You can select up to 100 queues to filter by in a widget. A message is displayed when the limit is reached.

Will this beta increase any limits regarding this in the near future?
    Thanks.

David Fradejas Tomás
    Sabio Ibérica, S.A.

• 43.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 05-03-2023 06:22

Hi Nikhil

We are currently testing some of the features of the new dashboard build and wonder if there will be the ability to filter further on a particular area.

We are testing a Metric Widget, using a specified queue that has a number of team based skills - then using the display as table it allows us to see the skill(s) applied to those interactions within the queue - but ideally we want to be able to filter based on a specific skill - will this be possible in the future or is there a way to achieve this currently ? 

additionally this widget has a limit on only displaying 10 rows with summary - is this likely to be increased or create scroll 

Many thanks 

Annabelle

Annabelle Goymer
    IP Integration Limited

• 44.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 05-03-2023 17:01

@Annabelle Goymer  - additional filtering options including skills is on the roadmap. https://genesyscloud.aha.io/ideas/ideas/ANLS-I-552 We are scoping this and we'll soon have the target dates for this feature. As part of overall dashboard enhancements, we are going to consider adding pagination and scrolling functionality. 

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

• 45.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

Posted 05-04-2023 05:47

Will we see filtering by skill?

We use minimal queues (as they are all the same) but will have many skills using the queue (we have 100s of skills, which makes for easier monitoring)

Queue based logic seems to be a bit "old school" in my mind

Thanks

Andy

Andy Jackson
    Ten Lifestyle Management Limited

• 46.  RE: UPCOMING BETA: New experience to build Analytics Dashboards

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2023 17:09

@Andy Jackson  - we are reviewing this idea (alerting based on skills) https://genesyscloud.aha.io/ideas/ideas/WFMRTM-I-98. We will have an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nikhil Ponnam

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources