Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Using Mobile Handset

Posted 09-26-2022 15:44
    I have a Purecloud setup and just switched over to using Poly desk phones. I would also like to have some of our employees have the ability to walk away from their desk and take a mobile unit with them so that support desk calls can be answered on the move within the building. I looked at the Rove but it's not on the list of supported phones for Genesys. 

I'm seeking any help to shine light on how I can have someone who has a physical desk phone, also have a mobile handset with the same shared line as the desk phone so that when that line rings on the desk phone, it also rings on the mobile handset so that the call can be answered whether they are at their desk or not.

Thanks
    #SIP/VolP
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    George Smith
    Infinity Sales Group

• 2.  RE: Using Mobile Handset

Posted 09-26-2022 20:17
    Hi George,

I've got a feeling you're going to be pretty limited with Genesys Cloud supporting any remote/mobility functionality.

Poly/Polycom did have some cordless handsets that worked with the VVX range of phones (D60 and D230), but they were also never supported on Genesys Cloud

If you're not using ACD/Queue based calls for these users, you could try using the Communicate app on a mobile phone to received direct user and group calls. However I've found the Communicate app can be quite laggy and takes a few seconds to start ringing, or keeps ringing when it's been answered on the desk phone, or doesn't ring at all.

Otherwise I'm also curious as to whether any other users have a working and reliable solution.

Cheers,

Jeff

• 3.  RE: Using Mobile Handset

Posted 09-27-2022 03:23

Hi George,
    We kind have same problem where ITSupport sometimes walks through the building and also needs to pick up the ACD support desk line. 

We created in phone management a new phone for that person, with a remote status and linked their cell phone number to that phone.
    As soon as that person is going to walk in the building he/she needs to select the remote phone in their profile and they can pick up.
    Only problem is that you cannot easily transfer calls to other people. But in most cases this is not necessary for the ITsupport desk.

Regards,

Rolph Lieverse
    CED Nederland B.V.

• 4.  RE: Using Mobile Handset

Posted 09-27-2022 08:47
    Thanks for the suggestion. All the solutions seem to be not very desirable. Here's to hoping Genesys is taking a look and will do something about it.

George Smith
    Infinity Sales Group

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources