Workforce Engagement Management

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voice and Chat queue best practices

Posted 03-28-2023 17:24

Hello - Looking for your organizations best practice for how you handle queues for voice and chat that are the same inquiry types. Our chatters and voice agents do not take both contact types at the same time.

Currently we have both chatters and voice agents in the same queue but are considering splitting it out for two reasons: 1) To be able to see staffing scheduled/delivered separately and 2) To have different ACW thresholds. 

Any thoughts? 

#Genesys Cloud CX
    #WorkforceManagement
    #Forecasting
    #Scheduling

------------------------------
    Shannon Hellner
    Paycor, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Voice and Chat queue best practices

Posted 03-29-2023 07:42

Shannon we had the same issue. I'd like to have a single queue to work from but the fact is we staff each channel different and manage (move agents in/out of queues) frequently to meet our SLA. For those reasons we used separate queues by brand by channel. Overall it made it easier to manage the day to day and I'm also guessing the you are realizing the old theory of the multi-channel agent (working random channels at the same time) just doesn't work. We use dedicated agents for each channel as they are different skill sets. I'd say the only issue we have had with this model is our staffing is off a bit on the schedule generation. We have used some techniques to get that number closer to reality. Let me know if you want to see it in action.

Greg Barrett
    Outdoor Network LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources