Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 16:11

Hi All,

My organization is currently going through the design of our IVR and I wanted to incorporate voice bots to capture information and intelligently route calls to the appropriate self-help option or call queue.  That said, the cost on the Genesys site is $0.06 per minute. I don't think that would apply to the entire time someone spends in the IVR but is it?  There seems to be very limited resources to try to estimate what my usage cost will be.  Any help would be appreciated, especially from someone who is currently utilizing this feature.  

Thanks!

#ConversationalAI(Bots,AgentAssist,etc.)
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Alejandro Leyva
    Transportation Corridor Agencies

• 2.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 18:55

Hey there, 

You can find more info here - but the crux of this is 

• Genesys charges conversations on the voice channel per each minute that the Genesys Dialog Engine Bot Flow runs. Genesys meters sessions in 15-second increments, and rounds the total to the nearest minute at the end of the billing cycle.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/genesys-dialog-engine-bot-flows-and-genesys-digital-bot-flows-pricing/

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 19:48

Thanks Lawrence.  I was also able to locate that link but i have no idea how to estimate the number of minutes that the bot flow would run.  At a high level, I get about 2 million calls into my IVR in a year.  Would it be appropriate to assume each call would utilize about a minute for voice bots?  or is that really overstating it?.  

Alejandro Leyva

• 4.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 20:12

Honestly, great question. With that volume, I would be doing some extended testing - 

I would look at the 2MM calls you get, estimate how many would go through the bot (Maybe all?) and then run through the bot and get the average time taken.

Is it a simple bot? You could get around doing it another way though without knowing your use case it's a little hard. 

However, the way in which the wording is, the min charge seems to be 1 min regardless as it will round to the nearest min. 

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 5.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 20:52

The bot would be the main greeting, so yes, all call would go through it.  If that's the case it may just too cost prohibitive.  Thanks again for the feedback.

Alejandro Leyva

• 6.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 21:04

If you're just using it as a greeting, then it would be better to just use a prompt and play audio. Do you have any complex functions that you are trying to solve with the bot itself?

Lawrence Drayton
    Prvidr Pty Ltd

• 7.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

Posted 04-02-2024 23:02

I'm trying to identify what their intent is out of the gate.  Basically saying something like,  "In a few words, tell me what you're calling about.  You can say things like..."  Depending on what they say, it would route them directly to self-help options, informational prompts, or to a specific skill assigned to a CSR.  There's some additional self-help that may or may not be used, but it's hard to say.  Most of the existing self-help options currently use DTMF, but that's not the greatest customer experience.  There's also a minimum spend of $2k per month, but that is likely negotiable.  $2k a month is not terrible, but if my previous assumptions are correct, it's looking more like $10k a month if not more because of the rounding.  

Alejandro Leyva

• 8.  RE: Voice bot usage cost estimate

GENESYS
    Posted 14 days ago

Hi Alejandro,

Genesys is offering several types of billing based on your use-case and preferences.

You should get in contact with your AE (Account Executive) to get some possible quotes & calculations.

Best,

Georgy Rudnev
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources